Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedslappah

Cost of Inline Pucks...Insane!

It's crazy how expensive Inline Pucks are. I am trying to order some IDS Pro Shots, and it's just stupid money. The best deal I found was InlineWarehouse will give you $6.40 per puck if you buy 5+. Trying to order 20 pucks for my team which would == $130.........for 20 pucks..... I could get 100 ice hockey pucks and still have $20+ left to spend. It's not even worth it.

Am I missing something? Do you guys just deal with it and break the bank when you have to stock up on pucks?

Inline pucks are definitely much more expensive than ice pucks. There are moving parts so it's more expensive to produce inline pucks.

The best inline pucks I've used are the Verbero Aero pucks - they don't go on edge as much as the IDS pucks and slide better (at least on sport court). They also feel slightly heavier (more like an ice puck). As a bonus they're also cheaper. They're normally $3.99 each, but you can buy team packs of 12 for $34.99 (works out to approx. $2.92 per puck): http://verbero.com/products/aero-team-pack

another thing to take into account is just how many ice pucks are sold vs inline. the volumes much higher so you see discount from that as well.

What's the best puck for IceCourt? Our rink just replaced the old sport court with IceCourt. I've played on it twice and notice the puck is very jumpy on this stuff. Seems like this stuff has more friction, making pucks hop around all over the place. 

The Bauer Slivvvr Pucks seem to work really well on Ice Court. Ice court should actually feel the complete opposite of what you're describing. We have Ice Court at my local rink it makes Sport Court feel like molasses.