Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoalForFun

Need new gloves, what would suit my preferences?

I've been using a pair of Rick Nash TPS R8 Pros for like 8 years now, and I think it's time for some new gloves.

I love the open cuff that these have, but I don't like the "loose" fingers. I prefer my fingers be hugged by the glove.

These are 14", if that matters.

Anyone have an idea of what gloves I should look into that'll match what I'm looking for (open cuff for wrist movement but tight fingers for a snug feeling.)

The CCM 4 Roll Pros fit this bill for me.  Same preferences.  Traditional cut wrist for movement but I found the fingers to fit a bit tighter than the other 14s I tried on. 

Atleast worth trying on if you have a retailer near by. 

Bauer Vapor gloves seem like they fit what you're looking for. They have a tapered fit so they are snug in the fingers and are flared around the cuff for great mobility

Apx2's would be a nice choice as they're going on sale to make room for the new 1x's:smile:

I just recently picked up the Warrior Covert QR1s and they fit the description you give. They're on sale to make room for the QRL and can be had for $112.

On 4/10/2016 at 4:45 PM, JimmyTheDriver said:

The CCM 4 Roll Pros fit this bill for me.  Same preferences.  Traditional cut wrist for movement but I found the fingers to fit a bit tighter than the other 14s I tried on. 

Atleast worth trying on if you have a retailer near by. 

Stopped by Hockey Monkey after work, tried on a few pairs. Went with the CCMs. Great recommendation!

12 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Stopped by Hockey Monkey after work, tried on a few pairs. Went with the CCMs. Great recommendation!

Good to hear! I did the same, tried everything I could at a big box and kept coming back.   I've been using them for nearly 2 years,  likely a model before yours,  and they still look excellent,  palms included. 

-Jim