Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swlabr11

STX Surgeon RX2

Received my RX2 today from STX. X92 75 Flex. The shaft shape is very interesting. I really didn't notice how drastic the difference in shaft shape was until I picked up my True stick. Also, incase anyone was curious about the accuracy of the listed weight, I put my RX2 on the scale. I'd say its pretty darn accurate (considering they most likely weighed it with the X88 blade)

pACDB2L.jpg

I've been able to use RX2 in a few games now. It's a very well rounded performer. It took no time to get used to the shaft. Im not sure about the dual flex zones but to me it feels like a mid flex profile which I enjoy so I have no complaints there. 

Took some shots at HM with one, very comfortable in my hands.

Bought a 2.1, hopefully it's just as comfortable in on ice game situations and not just shooting.

21 hours ago, Skoda10 said:

Took some shots at HM with one, very comfortable in my hands.

Bought a 2.1, hopefully it's just as comfortable in on ice game situations and not just shooting.

Did you notice a big difference performance wise when shooting with the two?

No not really, but I was only on the synthetic ice in flip flops and neither was cut to the right length or anything, so on ice maybe different. 

I am also used to using the one or two level down from the top sticks. Someone that only uses top of the line may notice the differences more readily than I.

3 hours ago, Skoda10 said:

No not really, but I was only on the synthetic ice in flip flops and neither was cut to the right length or anything, so on ice maybe different. 

I am also used to using the one or two level down from the top sticks. Someone that only uses top of the line may notice the differences more readily than I. 

I also have begun using sticks around that range ($160-175), as I just cannot financially justify spending $200+ at the moment (even with my employee discount). That is good to know.