Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kgbeast

Graf G3035 - anyone knows their instep depth

Hi,

I am looking to get Graf G3035, but my local stores Monkey Sports and Hockey Giant do not have my 10d size. HockeyMonkey.com got that, so I am thinking.

My experience with Graf fit is pretty sarisfactory. Hill, width, toebox are pretty perfect. My main concern however is the instep deepth. This is where I see some variations between the models. 

Anone can compare Graf G3035 instep deepth to Nexus or JetSpeed... I am looking for something in between, closer to Nexus (JetSpeed is unacceptable). If i am looking for something like that, am I in the right ballpark with G3035, or am I way off? 

Thanks

G3035 is the widest heel and instep IMO of the G series from Graf. The padding in the G5035 - 9035 is a lot more substantial and therefore takes up a little more volume. From experience selling these skates, they are very similar in nexus instep depth, however a little wider in the heel and narrower in the forefoot.

Thanks, how the G3035 and 535S boot stiffness wise. I was searching on line and I found a couple of mentions of 535S where one said the boot is soft and another said the boot was too stiff. I did hold 3035 in my hands and know what stiffness that is, if you held both, what do you think about the stiffness?

Thanks,

Huge fit difference between G3035 and 535S models.  The G3035 (and related, 5035, 7035, 9035, etc.) are more of a medium fit all around.  With the more expensive models having more padding in the heel and ankle, which changes the volume a bit.  The 535S on the other hand has a narrow heel and medium/wide forefoot.  They also don't have any carbon/composite materials in the boot.  They are definitely soft compared to the G3035 or any of the typical models from the big guys (Bauer, CCM, etc.).  I've tried the 5035 and 535 on alot.  The 5035 has a much wider heel pocket.  I can nearly pull my heel out with them tied up.  I can't in the 535.  Obviously, I am in a pair of 535s now, coming from some Vapor 4.0s.  I am not a great skater yet, so there is definitely a learning curve for me, but the transition I think has been slower because of the differences in the boots.  To me, the 535 is like a manual camera and the Vapors are more of a point and shoot.  Both can give you great pictures, but one requires significantly more feel and technique.  I'd imagine the 3035 are more of a point and shoot as well given their stiffness and construction.  

On 7/19/2016 at 6:17 PM, raganblink said:

G3035 is the widest heel and instep IMO of the G series from Graf. The padding in the G5035 - 9035 is a lot more substantial and therefore takes up a little more volume. From experience selling these skates, they are very similar in nexus instep depth, however a little wider in the heel and narrower in the forefoot.

On 7/19/2016 at 7:27 PM, krisdrum said:

Huge fit difference between G3035 and 535S models.  The G3035 (and related, 5035, 7035, 9035, etc.) are more of a medium fit all around.  With the more expensive models having more padding in the heel and ankle, which changes the volume a bit.  The 535S on the other hand has a narrow heel and medium/wide forefoot.  They also don't have any carbon/composite materials in the boot.  They are definitely soft compared to the G3035 or any of the typical models from the big guys (Bauer, CCM, etc.).  I've tried the 5035 and 535 on alot.  The 5035 has a much wider heel pocket.  I can nearly pull my heel out with them tied up.  I can't in the 535.  Obviously, I am in a pair of 535s now, coming from some Vapor 4.0s.  I am not a great skater yet, so there is definitely a learning curve for me, but the transition I think has been slower because of the differences in the boots.  To me, the 535 is like a manual camera and the Vapors are more of a point and shoot.  Both can give you great pictures, but one requires significantly more feel and technique.  I'd imagine the 3035 are more of a point and shoot as well given their stiffness and construction.  

Guys do you think, that 3035 or 5035 are not for me, when I still use discontinued Easton Stealth S7 and their heel fits me perfectly. And what about 3035 or 5035 in comparison with PK line? I have Graf roller hockey skates which used a lower range PK line boots.