Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaticle

Integrated Neck Top Cut Resistant Shirt

Hello,

i was looking at shirts with the integrated neck tops, i am new to hockey and wanted to know, have any of you used these  type of shirts before and what is the general thoughts about them? i attached a link to one so you all can see what type of shirt i am talking about http://www.hockeymonkey.com/clearance/closeout-undergarments/clearance-hockey-upper-body-undergarments/bauer-hockey-apparel-premium-shortsleeve-integrated-neck-top-adult.html

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Spaticle said:

Hello,

i was looking at shirts with the integrated neck tops, i am new to hockey and wanted to know, have any of you used these  type of shirts before and what is the general thoughts about them? i attached a link to one so you all can see what type of shirt i am talking about http://www.hockeymonkey.com/clearance/closeout-undergarments/clearance-hockey-upper-body-undergarments/bauer-hockey-apparel-premium-shortsleeve-integrated-neck-top-adult.html

Thanks!!

My son uses the long sleeve grip version. It took him one or two ice times to get use to it (using the long string attachment to the zipper). Collar is velcro adjustable like a regular neck guard. It's convenient, one less hassle not having to worry about a neck guard.

It's kind of a pricy option, but replaces two pieces of gear. I've found that kids by me who hate the stiff neck guard are far more receptive to these shirts. I'm a fan. 

Both my stepson and I use a Bauer long-sleeve shirt with integrated neck guard and we both love them. Much more comfortable than a separate neck guard and integrated in the base layer. Highly recommended.

My son has been wearing the Bauer integrated neck guard since he was 7 and now as a peewee AA at 12, the shirt is second nature to him. He now wears the Bauer 37.5 Elite Padded Integrated shirt, which I paid $50 when Totalhockey had a massive discount on them (retail $144). He doesn't like long sleeves so we converted into a short sleeve and used the Poron wrist padding to add on to the tailbone of his shell (he had a brief injury when he fell).

I figured the Poron wrist padding was just sitting there so why not use it elsewhere. I actually prefer the regular Bauer integrated over the fancier Elite Padded since the regular Bauer Premium Integrated uses velcro and a zipper with a long string/tag to unzip the neck while the Elite uses velcro only, but the extra Poron protection is sweet. It does make the shirt heavier and if it wasn't on crazy sale, we'd just stick with the regular integrated shirt... No way would I pay $144 for that!

It's nice and convenient but it's really there to protect against laceration only while the old school, stand-alone neck guard will likely do a better job against laceration AND moderate impact from sticks/pucks.