Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swede

Adjustable shoulder caps.

Question is, how adjustable are they? 

How much can the width be increased? Having a hard time finding pads that fit my frame/shoulder without going custom/freakenpads.

Pads i'm looking at

Bauer Supreme totalone nxg

Pro defenders

Easton synergy HSX

Synergy 80

Stealth CX

Pro -10

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, swede said:

Question is, how adjustable are they? 

How much can the width be increased? Having a hard time finding pads that fit my frame/shoulder without going custom/freakenpads.

Pads i'm looking at

Bauer Supreme totalone nxg

Pro defenders

Easton synergy HSX

Synergy 80

Stealth CX

Pro -10

Thanks in advance

Had the HSX and I found the shoulders very adjustable. Would still have them too if I didn't lose so much weight. Considering the situation with Easton, they'll be a great price if you find then. 

The TotalOne have about 2" or more of adjustability on each cap.  Basically a webbing strap looped through a d ring and velcro back on itself.  I'd imagine the Pro Defender is a similar set up.  The Easton Pro 10 is webbing straps that velcro to an area underneath the collar bone padding.  Probably about the same range of adjustment, but I haven't played around with it as much. 

Ok... Thanks again guys. 2 inches per side in Bauers sound great, and should be easy to increase even more just by sewing 2 velcro peices together.. 

I found the TotalOne NXG's on clearence here in Sweden for like 50$ 🙂

15 hours ago, swede said:

Ok... Thanks again guys. 2 inches per side in Bauers sound great, and should be easy to increase even more just by sewing 2 velcro peices together.. 

I found the TotalOne NXG's on clearence here in Sweden for like 50$ 🙂

I just sold a well used pair here in the US for $30 plus shipping, so if they are brand new at $50 and fit you, that is a no-brainer. 

47 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

I just sold a well used pair here in the US for $30 plus shipping, so if they are brand new at $50 and fit you, that is a no-brainer. 

They were sold out 😞, 

but i got a set of Easton synergy HSX for like 65$.. Hopefully they fit

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:21 AM, swede said:

I feel your pain! I have board shoulders and always have issues with shoulder caps. They make me look/feel massive and never sit on my shoulders properly.

I've taken caps off my old Supreme Total One shoulders including the webbing straps (with velcro to loop back on itself) and the D ring and sewn them onto a few sets of shoulders now. Works great. If I didn't have a few sets of adjustable shoulders and needed to by some new shoulders today I would likely have to cut the shoulder caps off and re-sew them into a good position.

I've found that the older CCM shoulder pads fit nicely without any mods (CCM CL and U+ Pro) so they could be an option for you too. The older Jofa and Reebok style shoulders also fit much wider.

1 hour ago, SCATMAN said:

I feel your pain! I have board shoulders and always have issues with shoulder caps. They make me look/feel massive and never sit on my shoulders properly.

I've taken caps off my old Supreme Total One shoulders including the webbing straps (with velcro to loop back on itself) and the D ring and sewn them onto a few sets of shoulders now. Works great. If I didn't have a few sets of adjustable shoulders and needed to by some new shoulders today I would likely have to cut the shoulder caps off and re-sew them into a good position.

I've found that the older CCM shoulder pads fit nicely without any mods (CCM CL and U+ Pro) so they could be an option for you too. The older Jofa and Reebok style shoulders also fit much wider.

Yeah, i really miss the older Jofa/RBK shoulders... Had a set of Jofa ASD 8000 but sold them when i took a year off from hockey due to injury.. Now they are impossible to find. Also the older Ccm pads, are no where to be found, so... My Easton synergy HSX will be arriving today, hopefully they fit, otherwise i have to go freakenpads on my set of nexus 8000.. (which is quite tempting anyway)

So... After trying on the Synergy HSX pads, i was really impressed. For the first time in like 10 years, iv'e found something that fit my upper body propotions without any need for modification.

I actually didn't have to adjust the caps to it's widest fitting even tough the HSX is a tight/anatomical fitting pad. 

So... Conclution: Great shoulder pads for bigger guys with wide/muscular shoulders 👍