Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegoDoom

NFL

I realize that the Eagles need a CB, but a RB? Brian Westbrook is the man and Buckhalter will be fine as long as he doesn't have to pick up a blitz. Together they combined for about 20 TDs last year. As long as they get a veteran who can block and catch, it shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I think Garrison Hearst would be a perfect fit, but not if he's only going to get 7-10 touches a game. He's like a more talented Staley.

We really need a veteran CB/nickel back, and LB and OL depth. Besides that, we're pretty much set. And at least two of those positions will be addressed in the draft.

The cool thing about the David Boston trade is that if Feeley throws for over 20 TDs, our pick from them escalates to a 1st rounder. Now that he has Boston, Chambers, McMichael, and Ricky Williams around him, those chances just got better.

Isn't Buckhalter gone? I thought I read something where he was a FA and teams were looking at him. If they have Buckhalter and Westbrook, they'll be fine, but I thought Buckhalter was out.

Damn Broncos have Kordell in for a visit and have talked to Lynch. I'd sign Lynch before anything just because their safeties are bunk. Kordell though? I just don't know if he'd fit in the Broncos' system because he's a bit too on-the-fly for me. Of course I say this knowing they have Plummer, who's as spacey as they come.

I have to agree about what Feely can do with those receivers. He also has a staunch D that will make sure they have the ball as long as possible. Still don't think that the Dolphins will do anything, but at Feely will hit 20 TDs.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Broncos have signed Jed freakin' Weaver. He's Pat Hape but with a pair of hands.

This is more for lego, but what do you guys think of T.O. in Philly???

How long before his ranting shit gets him on Donovans nerves and they don't gel in the least??Cause we know he isn't exactly the type of player who can be alright with not being throw to every down

That doesn't surpise me mack, the Broncos brought in Kordell last year too before signing Plummer. If I were a Bronco fan, and I'm not being as I was born in Ohio and was raised a Browns fan (I still hate the damn team), I'd hope the team would draft Matt Shaub from Virginia. The kid is going to be a great NFL QB and is under everyone's radars right now in the draft. He'd be a great 2nd round pick for you guys. Although Tatum Bell would be tough to pass up in the 2nd for you guys. The guy is a beast and would do very well for Shannahan.

Buckhalter is a restricted free agent. They tendered him with a 4th round pick, which I'd guess a lot of teams would be willing to give up. Personally, I think it'd take at least a 3rd to get hiim from us. Maybe a 3rd next year, which is the equivalent of a 4th this year. He's a great runner, but can't block to save his life (or McNabb's for that matter).

The whole city is pretty excited about TO. As long as he at least makes one big play a game and is someone the defense has to target on and open up some holes for the other guys, he'll be a great asset. I'm not anticipating the 1500 yards and 15 TDs that he put up in SF, but it'd be nice if it worked out that way. As for his attitude, you don't have much to complain about when you're winning. If we keep up the 12 and 13 win seasons, he won't be saying much. In SF, the offense had to win games and put up a ton of points. Because of that, he felt like he needed the ball in order to win and got more than pissed when he didn't get it. That shouldn't be the situation here. I honestly thing that Baltimore would've been a better situation for him. You really can't say anything when you have to answer to Ray Lewis. I only hope him and McNabb become good buddy's and he won't whine about much. The Eagles should be fun to watch next year, to say the least.

I seem to recall him complaining when they were winning but he wasn't getting enough catches. Obviously it wasn't last year.

I compare it to the whole Moss/Culpepper thing when they were yelling at everybody while they were losing. You didn't hear anything from them last year when they were winning and putting up decent numbers.

And TO feels like there are other playmakers on the team and that he's not the only one. Westbrook and McNabb are big time playmakers. And I'm really expecting a lot out of LJ Smith this year. The coaches love the guy and are going to use him a lot. Keep him on your last round picks list in fantasy football, along with Antonio Gates from San Diego.

Wow, the contract is genious.

Eagles | Owens Contract Details

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:36:32 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the contract signed by Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens is a seven-year deal worth $48.97 million. There is an initial signing bonus of $2.3 million, a roster bonus of $6.2 million that is due Wednesday, March 24, and an option bonus of $2.5 million in spring 2006. There is also a $5 million roster bonus due in March 2006. The base salaries are $660,000 (for 2004), $3.25 million (2005), $770,000 (2006), $5.5 million (2007), $6.5 million (2008), $7.5 million (2009) and $8.5 million (2010). Workout bonuses are for $5,600 (2004), $6,160 (2005-2006) and $6,720 (2007-2010).

This ensures we can cut him any year after 2006. Since the signing bonus is only $2.3M, his cap number for the signing bonus is only $328k a year. If you cut a player, the cap hit is the amount of the signing bonus multiplied by the number of years left of the contract. So, the cap hit would only be $1.3M. So, he has a big cap number this year, but only a $3.6M cap number the next two years. Then, we cut him after 2006 when he'll be turning 34 and only take a small cap hit. I really love the way the FO does contracts. They're so money savvy, it's not even funny. I'm not sure if many people realize it, but we have about $5M more cap mone than the league allows. That stems from a loophole that's in the NFL's rulebook about player incentives. Because incentives apply to the teams salary cap in case they are reached, if the player doesn't reach those incentives that money is deferred to the next year and added onto the cap limit. The Eagles structure all of their contract for lower level players with a lot of incentives that are often not reached just so we can have more cap room the next year. And if the incentives are reached, it's good for us because we get a contributing player.

Guest phillyfan

I think TO will fit well in Philly, wild, crazy, sometimes jackass player, bonding with wild, crazy, drunk, insane, bizar, weird, funny, fans, merges like flesh and whipped cream.

That's a nice pickup and I'm happy with him at RB. He's steady and with the upgrades on D they shouldn't have to score more than 28 to win this season.

Kordell might be a good option as a backup just because they can use him at receiver or running back if they wanted to, even though his passing abilities leave something to be desired.

I would like to say to all the Bronco's, thanks For Portis, I am sure we will find a place to use him, hope you enjoy mr. Baily.Mack what do you think about that trade? I wasn't too keen on giving up a second round pick though...

Drew-

At first I didn't like the trade at all and still really don't care for it, but it is a good trade. The Broncos can produce RBs better than a CB so it seems decent to me. I just liked Portis too much to lose him but Hearst is more than capable of filling in. I like how they've concentrated on their D this off-season and hopefully Lynch will be back in old form as their safeties are horrible.

It's a damn good trade for the Broncos. A shut down corner is much tougher to come by than a good RB. Let's not forget that Portis was a mid-second round draft pick. Bailey was taken at 5 overall? They basically swapped 2nd rounders and got a top 5 pick out of it. Trust me, you'll like the trade once you see the Broncos running game be slightly worse while the other team won't be able to throw to half the field because of Bailey.

And if the Broncos could get Rivers or Schaub in the first or second rounds, respectively. That would a huge upgrade for the long term QB solution.