Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlird808

Only my left boot is supinating/bending...did I overbake it or something? [Pic Inside]

I baked these Nexus N7000 EE's pretty soon after buying them, and cant remember if the left ankle bent like this before I baked them. I do not get this bending in my other skates, including my Nexus Freeze D's & my inlines. I've tried rebaking, thicker socks, lacing up SUPER TIGHT, Superfeet AND Speedplates -- nothing seems to help. I very well may have a left ankle that supinates, but it doesnt seem to affect me in my other skates.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jv4xSmGt0BRX3jnD2

I'm sort of overexaggerating the effect in the photo, but it shows that my right foot is perfectly straight, but my left ankle wants to lean outwards. It makes skating awkward obviously and also puts extra pressure on the inside arch which causes pain >:(

Are the EE's just too wide for my foot? Did I overbake it and the quarter has loosened up or is flexing too much? Should I bake a 3RD TIME but do something different?

THANKS!!!

Pretty sure N7000 are not heat moldable. Not that you damaged anything, it is just no point put them in the oven. As for why your foot doing that is perhaps you got a defective pair and tg r holder is mounted off center, or is leaning. Inspect the visually, see if anything seems off.

to much volume? Since the n7000 aint heat moldable you might have to much volume in the skates.. To much volume will allow your feet to supinate more..

On 7/20/2017 at 3:03 AM, vinprun71 said:

May I ask why you went from Nexus D to EE anyway? Did the D not fit the right way, or did you want to try something new?

I actually started off with the EE cuz I have pretty wide feet, but started noticing things like the supinating and my forefeet & heel "jiggling around" just a lil bit. I bought the D's later and, though they seemed too tight in the mid-foot/arch area at first, I totally prefer them now (after baking them....more on that in a sec) and will now likely sell the EE's.

In regards to N7000's not being bakeable...I guess it's open to debate? Bauer's website doesn't claim that they are, but a lot of the big shops say they are, and I can attest to feeling a significant difference. Not only did I start to really like the D's after baking, I fixed the supinating issue in my EE's by baking again, and tightening more in the first 3 eyelets (closest to toes) as they cooled!

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

16 hours ago, jlird808 said:

I actually started off with the EE cuz I have pretty wide feet, but started noticing things like the supinating and my forefeet & heel "jiggling around" just a lil bit. I bought the D's later and, though they seemed too tight in the mid-foot/arch area at first, I totally prefer them now (after baking them....more on that in a sec) and will now likely sell the EE's.

In regards to N7000's not being bakeable...I guess it's open to debate? Bauer's website doesn't claim that they are, but a lot of the big shops say they are, and I can attest to feeling a significant difference. Not only did I start to really like the D's after baking, I fixed the supinating issue in my EE's by baking again, and tightening more in the first 3 eyelets (closest to toes) as they cooled!

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Any skate is "beakable" however only skates with certain foams actually respond to it.  In lower end boots like the N7000 it breaks it down a little quicker and helps with the wrap.