Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpeaslee

Ordering Insoles: Is my arch medium or high?

I'm about to order some insoles for my new supreme 180s.  I've had superfeet in my mission inlines years ago when I last played, but was considering trying some CCM insoles this time.  I know I've been told I have a highish instep by a shoe salesman before, but is it enough to justify a high arch insole, or do I just not have flat feet?

https://imgur.com/a/qSrr5

1 minute ago, itslunchtime said:

looks very similar to mine, and I use the CCM high as well.

on the first skate it may feel a little funny just be sure to not crank down on the laces in that area.

Have you tried other insoles?  How do they compare to the ccm high arch?  I have a pair of superfeet yellow (though they're a temporary solution as they're cut a hair short since they came out of some other skates).  I've been happy with them, but still don't feel I have enough arch support. 

17 minutes ago, jpeaslee said:

Have you tried other insoles?  How do they compare to the ccm high arch?  I have a pair of superfeet yellow (though they're a temporary solution as they're cut a hair short since they came out of some other skates).  I've been happy with them, but still don't feel I have enough arch support. 

I have tried numerous other insoles (used to be in the running shoe business)

you will notice the CCM has a much more pronounced arch than the superfeet.

also fun fact! a lot of people have a different arch lengths relative to their shoe size (use brannock device) so sometimes you may need to get a large insole for the arch length and trim alot off for the proper fit.

I'm partial to Graf Sidas, or the Bauer Speedplates as a second (but not close second) option.

As no two arches are alike the the custom molding process really helps to eliminate negative space and improve support in that area. 

4 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I'm partial to Graf Sidas, or the Bauer Speedplates as a second (but not close second) option.

As no two arches are alike the the custom molding process really helps to eliminate negative space and improve support in that area. 

The custom graf sidas, or the graf 3 with "sidas technology"?  I can get ahold of the graf 3s, but there isnt' anywhere around here that fits the Sidas.