Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Lack of NHL Chatter?

Has anyone else noticed how much less NHL chatter there is on MSH this year? I was thinking about it this morning. Very few team-specific chats, almost nothing in the discipline thread (very few suspensions this year which we have no control over, but also very little talk about plays/hits that were borderline or questionable), and very little about other NHL news, trades, and other goings-on?

What do you guys think is contributing to that? I personally have no clue. 

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

One guess: the vocal MSHers are getting older and life is "getting in the way" of sports talk.

You're probably not far off on this one. 

46 minutes ago, Hills said:

It's the fact that the leafs are good and the Canadians here have nothing to complain about anymore :laugh:

LOL. Kind of true. I don't post in a Leafs thread because somehow I feel guilty for it. Why should I feel bad for my team not being total crap anymore? Somehow I do. I still have a hard time believing that Matthews isn't too good to be true.

The most popular NHL team thread for the last bunch of years has been the Bruins but even that one is silent. 

1 minute ago, SirJW said:

Most of the forum seems slow to me, I check daily and many subforums are quiet for days if not weeks. 

Probably just time of year I guess. Wait until Winterfest, and then again once the playoff races start up!