Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlird808

Reebok SR catch too big....Reebok INT catch too small. What should I try next?

Looking for a cheap lightweight catch glove for a casual beer league.

I first bought a used Reebok Premier III 9k SENIOR and it feels too big for my smaller hands. Then I bought a used Reebok Revoke 9000 INTERMEDIATE and it feels too small.

What should  I try next? I don't get to try on ANYTHING because we live in Hawaii and there's no good pro-shops...let alone one with goalie gear. I also really dont wanna spend too much, as I play fwd too and cant keep spending family funds on equipment ;)

What about a new Bauer Reactor 5000? Only $100.

THANKS!

Hard to say. The ideal answer would be a senior glove with intermediate palm, but that’s not going to happen at your price point without going used from eBay or SidelineSwap or whatever. 

If you could expand your budget, I would recommend a custom glove by Passau. With the exchange rate it’d be about $350-ish. But if your budget is limited it’s hard to say.

The Bauer is going to be the same issue.

Look for a used Brian's Gnetik (not Gnetik2).  The original series glove had a smaller hand size but senior size and protection.  Should be cheap enough if you can find one.  Another idea might be a Warrior g3.  the palm is on the smaller side.

41 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Look for a used Brian's Gnetik (not Gnetik2).  The original series glove had a smaller hand size but senior size and protection.  Should be cheap enough if you can find one.  Another idea might be a Warrior g3.  the palm is on the smaller side.

Yea I'd second this. Also worth noting the new Optik series has much smaller palm sizes compared to previous Brian's models, by design. The rep told me that almost every custom order that wasn't for a pro had the intermediate palm option, so they finally decided to just make that the default size. It was very noticeable when I wore the Optik glove at Winterfest. 

Not that the Optik is in @jlird808's budget either, I just figured I'd mention it.

On 2/10/2018 at 9:39 AM, PaulieWalnuts said:

I don't know if it's possible but if you can find a Warrior G2/3 glove it has palms you can customize and even remove and change.  Just a thought.  

But those are for the break angle, not the palm size.  The intermediate liners don't really fit in the senior gloves.  The G3 blocker does have smaller hand liners available though.