Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Circa6683

Bauer speed plates 2.0 release date?

19 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, there is.

You want a convection oven as that blows hot air around.  Could you use a gas oven if you preheated it, shut it off, and put the skates in?  Yes.  But to say that there's nothing wrong with using a gas oven without providing some sort of caveat or instruction is a pretty dangerous statement.  I've seen what improper baking using gas ovens can do to skates. 

I'll add to this.  Even a convection oven that has external elements may not be good if you leave the oven on.  You do not want skates exposed to the heating elements, especially if they are gas.  Many electric convection ovens have an enclosed burner that encircles the fan.  Some have a burner under the floor of the oven rather than on the bottom of the inside.  In the "bake" setting, only that enclosed element is heating, not the ones inside the oven chamber.  I wouldn't bake skates in any oven that wasn't an enclosed burner convection.

• Like 1

I put oven to about 80-90 celsius and turned it off. Took 2 mins to get those stripes kinda silver not white, but i think it went good, testing tomorrow on ice! 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, Tirkhe said:

I put oven to about 80-90 celsius and turned it off. Took 2 mins to get those stripes kinda silver not white, but i think it went good, testing tomorrow on ice! 

Felt amazing and much better than those CCM insoles! 

• Like 1