Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
z1ggy

Low kick stick with stiffest blade

27 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

I ended up calling DK... Great guys over there. I am either grabbing this 1X Lite   or this Trigger 2. Do you guys have experience with either? From reviews I've read, they are both top notch. Was hoping to stick with Warrior but they didn't have anything in stock that matched what I was looking for.

Go with the Trigger2. 1X Lites haven’t been great in the reliability sector. 

Really, it's that bad? In this thread you said you didn't like the Trigger 2 that much.

I know it's all personal preference but are we talking the 1x just dings up real easy or... that it's got legit QA issues like splinters/cracks in the carbon? I've also read this about the Lite, but you don't know the background on the guys using the sticks... are they ripping 100 clappers every single day or playing center and getting slashes constantly, etc.

The reviews on quality are pretty bad though, so.. either way I probably will go with the Trig2 and just keep my eye out on DK for a 75 flex QRL. They had a bunch of 85's but being a little chode of a hockey player I need to cut my twigs down about 4 inches, and I don't like the feel of having a little bit stiffer of a stick after.

Edited by z1ggy

50 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Really, it's that bad? In this thread you said you didn't like the Trigger 2 that much.

I know it's all personal preference but are we talking the 1x just dings up real easy or... that it's got legit QA issues like splinters/cracks in the carbon? I've also read this about the Lite, but you don't know the background on the guys using the sticks... are they ripping 100 clappers every single day or playing center and getting slashes constantly, etc.

The reviews on quality are pretty bad though, so.. either way I probably will go with the Trig2 and just keep my eye out on DK for a 75 flex QRL. They had a bunch of 85's but being a little chode of a hockey player I need to cut my twigs down about 4 inches, and I don't like the feel of having a little bit stiffer of a stick after.

I have since had a couple more Trigger2s but the 1X abnormally fragile. Not usable fragile not just cosmetic. 

2 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Gotcha. Yeah Trig2 it is... I'll also keep my eye out for older non-lite 1X's.

Previous gen 1X was a much better stick IMO. Bauer has gotten a lot of flak about durability woes as of late. If I had money for one stick out of the two and needed it to hold up pretty well it’d be the TR2 over the Lite. 

51 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Gotcha. Yeah Trig2 it is... I'll also keep my eye out for older non-lite 1X's.

Actually they have a Frank Vatrano Alpha QX T8 QX in White that’s a 75 flex. It’s a P28 curve with a P92 Blade profile. If I were you I’d grab that one. They had 6 but I bet they’re low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Actually they have a Frank Vatrano Alpha QX T8 QX in White that’s a 75 flex. It’s a P28 curve with a P92 Blade profile. If I were you I’d grab that one. They had 6 but I bet they’re low.

That's a mid kick profile though, no?

Edit: after reading some reviews, it sounds like it's not a true mid kick... but rather just slightly higher than QRL. Interesting... I may have to snatch it up.

Edited by z1ggy

1 hour ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Thanks for posting.  That's something I'd like to try.