Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
colins

Pro Stock Sticks/Equipment near Foxboro MA?

I'm in Foxboro next week for the Jr. Chowder Cup. Are there any shops in the area with a good selection of pro stock sticks? The proshop in the Foxboro Sports Centre had a decent selection when we were there last year. Any other recommendations?

colins

I've occasionally seen pro-stocks at these following stores, but I'd def call ahead. 

Monkey Sports (Hockey Monkey) in Norwood, MA - 20 mins from Foxboro. 

H.A. Zwickers - Bedford, MA - 40 minutes.

Pure Hockey - Various locations throughout MA. 

• Like 1

@colins best place for pro stocks in the area is TSR in Salem NH. Ive seen pro stocks at other places, but IMO TSR is the only place with the inventory and selection to justify the hour plus ride from Foxbrough.

Fairly good timing on your part as their tent sale is the following weekend so they should be fat with pro stocks. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Neo5370 said:

I've occasionally seen pro-stocks at these following stores, but I'd def call ahead. 

Monkey Sports (Hockey Monkey) in Norwood, MA - 20 mins from Foxboro. 

H.A. Zwickers - Bedford, MA - 40 minutes.

Pure Hockey - Various locations throughout MA. 

We're staying in Norwood just down the road from Hockey Monkey, so I'll check them out for sure.

Thx,

colins

• Like 1

I'll chime in, as I live right in the middle of all this. 

First off, I would avoid all the Pure Hockey's within reasonable driving distance, with the exception of the one in Marlboro that is considered an "outlet store". This isn't a knock on Pure Hockey at all. Its just they are pretty much all the same, and never really offer anything tangibly cheaper or harder to find than any of the others. The store Marlboro is pretty solid, and you can find a lot of discounted retail offerings. Not a ton of pro stock stuff though. They do have a ton of lefty sticks always on clearance.

The Hockey Monkey in Norwood is huge. Its generally a pretty good place to find clearance retail sticks (both left and right), in a decent array of flexes and curves. They pretty much have everything at retail level you could possibly want here. I never have much luck in regards to pro stock anything though. 

When I make the trip to Hockey Monkey, I generally always drive a bit further (5-7 mins) down rt. 1 to check out what Play It Again has in stock. Its very hit or miss. Massachusetts being a hockey state, a lot of stuff seems to find its way into this store from places overstock. Its very hit or miss. However, when you hit- you hit big. I've found a lot of sought after stick models here in new condition, and incredibly cheap.

TSR is a must checkout. As others have said- its worth the drive to check it out. Grear store. Not much I can add to whats already been said. 

However, I would start my search for sticks at the pro-shops at the Foxboro and Walpole rinks. Each generally has some great sticks for very good prices. Each will have a decent amount of pro stock sticks. Generally a lot of Bruins players. However, a bunch from the guys that frequent those rinks in the offseason. All the MA  associated guys (Eichel, Yandle, Vesey, Hanafin, Hayes bros, just to name a few off the top of my head) all play there a few Wednesday's in the summer.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2