Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SanderNL

From Vapor X7.0 to X2.7?

I've been skating on Vapor X7.0 skates for years now and I like them. They are completely spent however and I have to move on. I don't really want to spend € 500 on new skates so I'm looking at the x2.7's. Will this be a downgrade from my ancient skates or will I be alright? Does anybody know if the size will be the same?

I have not tried the x2.7 myself, but moving from x:60/X7.0 to the 1X Vapor I went from 8.5EE to 8D, so to me it felt like the fit had changed (YMMV). I'd definitely try the curv-based skates in store first.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, gosinger said:

I have not tried the x2.7 myself, but moving from x:60/X7.0 to the 1X Vapor I went from 8.5EE to 8D, so to me it felt like the fit had changed (YMMV). I'd definitely try the curv-based skates in store first.

I agree with this, I am still in x7.0s (had x:60s before and have a pair of x90s in reserve) and I tried on the newer curve based vapors and I needed to drop from a 7 (my size in the x7.0s) to a 6.5 (2x).  It seems on the curve composite skates the sizing is approx .5 down compared to the older top end tech mesh skates (x:60, x7.0, x90).  That also means you will need to get used to a different blade length in some cases (example, the size 7 skates are 263 and the size 6.5 skates are 254).  I know some people are more picky about that than others but still worth noting.