Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Nikolas90

Using Intermediate Glove/Blocker as a Senior

Hi goalie community!

Adding to my previous question, I am also looking for a new Glove/Blocker as well. I have tried a few Gloves and Blockers at my local hockey shop and had some Problems fitting into Senior Gloves especially. 

I couldn’t get my whole Hand into some of the Gloves and had a hard time opening and closing the Trapper. The Vaughn Ventus SLR2 Pro felt the best from all of the other Gloves so far (Warrior G4, Bauer Supreme 150, Vaughn Velocity V8 Pro)

Would it be unusual for a Senior to wear/try out Intermediate Gloves? I felt most comfortable in a Intermediate Blocker, since i like the Gloves/blockers to be more snug around the hand. 

I usually wear 13 inch Gloves as player.  Would that be an indication to try out intermediate gloves?

Thanks in advance guys!

I've seen it done before in beer leagues, I would just make sure that the protection is still adequate to the level that you play. I imagine some must have lower protection at intermediate.

I've used intermediate gear and been fine with it - occasionally I'd wished the glove had more padding, but for the most part I wasn't bothered. I got all new pads/glove/blocker in the fall, and in the Warrior glove I have (which is senior) you can swap the interior for intermediate size, if that would work better. 

As stated above, protection may be an issue with Intermediate gloves.  Your best bet is probably to get a G4/G5 and use the intermediate liner, or find or order a glove custom made with smaller internals.  My Optiks have intermediate internals.  And I didn't have a problem with my G3 gloves (medium liner in the blocker), though most other gloves are too large for my hands.

I don't think I'd use intermediate gear (unless you need size 32 leg pads) though my glove was made with intermediate internals because I have small hands. They recommended I not use intermediate internals in my blocker though after using it for a couple years I think I wish I had done so.