Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
_RH_

Squeeze any more life out of chasis? Or buying options

Alright these old skates have carried my cheap self around for a few years, and tonight the chasis broke:f6Aqgtp.jpg

Any chance I could weld these?  Bauer x400r (specs claim steel chasis)

Assuming the answer is no, what do I need to know about current products?  I'm shocked by how high the prices all seem to be.  I loved my mission axiom t8 fit, lately all the roller hockey skates I've tried seem narrow at the toes.  On ice I currently have Reebok 14k if that tells you anything about my feet.

I wouldn't risk welding those, but obviously people have definitely done dumber things. I don't know your means, but I prefer spending money on new skates than copays, so I would get something new. If you need wider look into Alkali or Tour. Tour prices actually are not that inflated. I think the fishbones from 20 years ago were around 400 and now there top skates are probably 6. They haven't gotten much better since then, but they fit wider. Also in higher end models you have Missions in ee

Edited by Miller55

If it's within your means, do as the kids and millenials say, "treat yourself." I'd buy a new chassis if the skates haven't gotten too soft. Otherwise, I'd get new skates if you are able to try some on.

The retail true roller hockey skates are also worth looking into. Fairly certain they have a wider toe box and have 2 pricing tiers.

Edited by x-axis
skate rec