Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Ellipse Profiles – The next revolution in skate profiling?

Quads in general with a 6’ toe naturally take a lot of steel off the toe. That’s the complaint sometimes with those profiles… 

On 3/6/2024 at 7:08 AM, Paluce said:

This is my favorite profile right now. It’s the competitive edge 0.5/1.  The radius is continuously changing like an ellipse. Except the the profile is marked with the point where it hits 8.5, 9, 9,5 …..11.5, 12, 12.5.  
What I like is that you know what you’re getting now.  Not like the ellipse where it’s mystery.   Also don’t lose the toe on this profile like on a quad (they take too much off the toe in my opinion).   It’s like an exaggerated 9.5/10.5, but smoothly blended all the way through.  Btw, the blade on the profile bar is only a size 3. A size 9 or 10 would extend about 1” more on either end.  I do a lot of AAA and Junior players with this and it’s a winner for sure.

758C827A-773A-4A50-B75E-1DEBE3196CF5.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi.
I have a pair of mystery profiled blades that I purchased while back on a second hand pair of skates, LOVE the profile. Is there any way to find out what that profile is, and copy it? 

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Ric_Flair said:

Hi.
I have a pair of mystery profiled blades that I purchased while back on a second hand pair of skates, LOVE the profile. Is there any way to find out what that profile is, and copy it? 

Thanks.

I’ve put blades on my CMM (coordinate measurement machine)  and it will give me points and radii to reverse engineer and find out what profile is on there.  

Edited by Paluce

1 minute ago, Paluce said:

I’ve put blades on my CMM (coordinate measurement machine)  and it will give me points and radii to reverse engineer and find out what profile is on there.  

What's a CMM, who has one of those? 
Thanks

1 hour ago, PUCKSTOPPROSHOPJL said:

Picture looks very much like a ProSharp Quad .5   (8/10/12/14)

Different….   The Quad 0.5 has 4 zones.   The competitive edge 0.5/1 profile in the picture above is continuously variable (infantile number of radii). Like an elipse, but I can tell you the radio at specific points along the profile.  MUCH better.

1 minute ago, Paluce said:

Different….   The Quad 0.5 has 4 zones.   The competitive edge 0.5/1 profile in the picture above is continuously variable (infantile number of radii). Like an elipse, but I can tell you the radio at specific points along the profile.  MUCH better.

Who does the Competative Edge, where can one get them done? Is it a Pro Sharp profile?

1 minute ago, Ric_Flair said:

What's a CMM, who has one of those? 
Thanks

Coordinate Measurement Machine.  no hockey store of pro shop  will have one. It’s an engineering tool for part verification/validation. Also used to reverse engineer.  I happen to have one that I use for the profile design and development. 

6 minutes ago, Ric_Flair said:

Who does the Competative Edge, where can one get them done? Is it a Pro Sharp profile?

CompetitiveEdgeHockey.ca  exclusive profile to them.   Nothing to do with Prosharp. DM me for more info 

Edited by Paluce

6 hours ago, Paluce said:

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1