Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

Where to have new holders mounted?

I’m looking to have a pair of CCM XS holders mounted onto a pair of True boots. The contact I used to have in Los Angeles moved away and the shop here shutdown. Does anyone have any recommendations? My biggest concern with the True skates is people talking about loose rivets. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I used Jake for 2 of my 3 previous conversions, but after being told to actually look at the rivet work, I don’t think I’d go back again. Rivets were all different sizes and widths. Some seated well, others seated poorly. Nothing I’d ever looked at before as I didn’t know what to look for, but after comparing them to OEM and other rivet jobs, it’s not something I’d trust again. 

Hockey Monkey in Irvine? Didn’t even think about going to them or Pure Hockey. Is there a specific person I should ask for? Do they warranty their work?

Howdy,

17 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I should have the Pro Shop back up and running in a month or so. 

There needs to be something strong than a "like" icon.  Will you be doing profiling too?

Mark

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Westside said:

I used Jake for 2 of my 3 previous conversions, but after being told to actually look at the rivet work, I don’t think I’d go back again. Rivets were all different sizes and widths. Some seated well, others seated poorly. Nothing I’d ever looked at before as I didn’t know what to look for, but after comparing them to OEM and other rivet jobs, it’s not something I’d trust again. 

Hockey Monkey in Irvine? Didn’t even think about going to them or Pure Hockey. Is there a specific person I should ask for? Do they warranty their work?

Yes, there is only Monkey Sports now in Irvine. Northridge closed, where I used to work. Only people who have been trained properly and more than likely only a handful of people are allowed to mount skates. I wouldn't trust Pure too much. Feedback has always been bad from other shop people and old customers.

FYI, different length rivets are needed for different locations on a boot because of the thickness of the material and amount. That is normal. Hand pressed rivets always look different from machine pressed rivets which is what you are most likely comparing them to. Jake is an extremely knowledgeable person. He's spent most of his adult life as a shop guy. He's been kind enough to share some of his knowledge with me when I started out.

However, few beat JR and I'd definitely take him up on his services when he reopens. 

• Like 2