Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

Stick Experts… Bauer 3X Pro vs CCM FT3 Pro?

It’s come the time to replace the last of my Bauer 1X lite sticks that I’ve been using for the last few years. No complaints about them, but obviously they’re pretty much impossible to find now. I was debating about an FT3 Pro or 3X Pro; both I’ve found in my preferred curve/flex and both are essentially the same price. 

Has anyone used either of these sticks and/or the 1X Lite? Thoughts on FT3 Pro over 3X Pro? Obviously the CCM is all about the hybrid kickpoint, but because it’s a mix of mid and low, I thought the two sticks might still have a similar release. 

Model wise ft3 pro is the top of the line for that year. I have it. Love it. My all time favorite so far is still the trigger 4 pro. But the ft3 pro is a great stick too. Can't say much for Bauer sticks since I haven't used them since the 2n pro which I didn't like at all. Mind you I'm more of a low kick guy. 

Ft3 pro has a good feel of a mix between low and mid kick. If you're truly a low kick guy and coming off a 1x, the 3x pro might be better for you in terms of less adjustment. 

Oh ya ccm sticks , from my experience has pretty good durability. I actually haven't broken on yet since the release of the trigger 4 pro. I do however only play once a week. 

Edited by Sniper9

Comparison wise an FT3Pro was a higher model stick than the 3X pro (top of the line vs 2 step down), so if it does make a difference it might be that the CCM has slightly better materials and might be a touch lighter (375grams vs 410 grams)  Also, the FT3Pro is a Hybrid Kick Point vs the 3X Pro being a low kickpoint, the hybrid is supposed to be a mix between low/mid.  Personally if I had to choose between those two I'd go with the FT3Pro.

You also might want to consider a Ribcor since that might be closer to the Vapor you're used to being a low kick stick.  If you can find a Trigger 4 Pro you might be able to get a deal, I'd steer clear of the Trigger 5's though... I picked up one of those on clearance in December and it didn't feel very good at all (felt almost pingy, was so odd to stickhandle and pass with, even shots didn't feel right), luckily it was slashed and broke and has since been replaced with a Trigger 6 which feels much much better.

3 hours ago, Westside said:

Obviously the CCM is all about the hybrid kickpoint, but because it’s a mix of mid and low, I thought the two sticks might still have a similar release. 

Different kick point is always going to mean different feel and release. You'll have to get used to the change. 

Thanks for the input all. I had a Trigger stick around 2017/2018, but not in a curve I liked. Heard bad things about the Trigger 5, but a lot of good things with the Trigger 6. If I can find one of those at a good price down the road I'll give it a shot. In the meantime, I think I'll try out the FT3 Pro to see what all the hype is about. With the FT5 Pro shown in the CCM catalogue hopefully that'll mean I can find another FT3 Pro for even cheaper, or pick up an FT4 Pro if I like the hybrid kick point. 

Had my first game with the FT3 pro over the weekend. Stick did feel great and my shots felt real strong with it. Only issue I ran into throughout the game was my shots going higher than I’m used to. Stick specs are more or less the same to my Vapor sticks so the primary difference is hybrid vs low kick. Do mid kick sticks shoot higher or do I simply need to adjust my technique to get them 2-3” further down?