Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Leif

Inline skating questions

I normally ice skate, and I have very good edge control. For example my outside forwards three turns and power pulls are good. I use Bauer 2S Pro custom skates. I sometimes inline skate, in Bauer Vapor X2.9 skates. My problem is that I can’t do simple edge drills in inlines ie skate on one leg in a wide arc. For one thing I can feel something bend, I assume it is the wheels. Should I be able to do such drills on inlines? Crossovers are okay in inlines, not as good as on ice though. I skate on a flat asphalt tennis court. 

Also I notice that when I try this, the wheels are not vertical, they are tilted slightly. On ice my blades are pretty much upright. In fact it always seems as if my inline wheels are maybe 10 degrees off vertical, with my feet tilted slightly outwards. I am 11 stone 10 pounds (164 pounds) so not heavy. 

The mechanics are different.

For example on inline your weight needs to be over your heel/rear wheels whereas with ice you’d place your weight more to the centre of your holder.

The wheels do require you to lean into the edges as you can’t remain upright on them.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, Wicked3Aussie said:

The mechanics are different.

For example on inline your weight needs to be over your heel/rear wheels whereas with ice you’d place your weight more to the centre of your holder.

The wheels do require you to lean into the edges as you can’t remain upright on them.

Thank you, I didn’t know that but it makes sense. When I go back to inlines, it feels like I need to push from the heel. 

On 4/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, Left Wing King said:

Get the Marsblade chassis!

I thought about it, but ruled it out due to cost, and preferring ice. 

On 4/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, Leif said:

I thought about it, but ruled it out due to cost, and preferring ice. 

If you prefer ice, the O1 is probably a better option than anything else currently on the market.  Definitely not cheap but there are ways to mitigate the added expense.  They come up used pretty regularly.