Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
strosedefence34

Profile question

A little while ago I had my steel profiled to a triple 6'8'12'.  I like the profile but I will not be returning to that shop for profiling needs.  I found another place local to me that offers prosharp profiling and if I am understanding the prosharp chart correctly for a size 8 (272) skate a triple would be 6'12'20 and a quad would be 6'8'11'13'.  Is that correct?  I am more inclined to go with the quad since that's more inline with what I have right now but I wanted to get some opinions here too.

Howdy,

FWIW the ProSharp profiles can be applied to skates outside the size range...  For instance I have a Zuperior S (6/12/20) on my 254mm steel instead of a Zuperior XS (5/11/13).  This is because when I went to Trues from Makos I dropped from a 7.5 to a 6.5.

My recollection from the profiling thing that JR did was that I didn't feel a ton of difference between a Zuperior S (6/12/20) and a Quad 0 (6/9/11/13).  That experience means almost nothing for what you'll like, etc. though.

My advice is to just take your best guess and then try it out.  In your position if I wanted a bit more rear stability compared to today I'd go with the triple and if I didn't want that, I'd go with the quad.

Mark

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback.  I had a feeling that just because it was marked for skates of X size it could be applied to other sizes because I have experience with a CAG profiler and that was the case with that.  I am less concerned with stability more concerned with agility.  Anyone have any thoughts?

On 5/2/2022 at 1:54 PM, strosedefence34 said:

I appreciate the feedback.  I had a feeling that just because it was marked for skates of X size it could be applied to other sizes because I have experience with a CAG profiler and that was the case with that.  I am less concerned with stability more concerned with agility.  Anyone have any thoughts?

For 272 you have a ton of options.  You can easily go with the Quad 0, Quad 1, or the Ellipse Zero.  Quad 1 is likely a good match for 272.

• Like 1