Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

Most protective wrap style girdle?

I just switched to a pro stock supertacks girdle. The part that you step into on mine velcros around the front, so you can just unvelcro it and put it on like a wrap girdle. I haven't seen that in pictures of others, so I wonder if this one was modded to work that way previously.

So far I like it. Seems less restrictive, lighter, and more protective than the pants I was wearing before. The only downside I see right now is its a pain to put the shell on (pro stock PP10), the inner belt loop just seems to snag on everything when I pull it up, even if I loosen it up a ton. 

On 6/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

The ST has much better tailbone protection (it has awesome padding there), much better spine protection with the adjustable spine piece where as the 9k has virtually no spine protection.

Never tried the ST but I use the 9k. Having seemingly permanently injured my tailbone (sit-to-stand hurts like hell still after nearly a year), I found the 9k to offer some of the best tailbone padding, IMO, amongst pro stock offerings (I also like the HP32's which is kind of similar).

The ST tailbone pad looks similar to the 9k, at least in videos. What makes them different?

I like the 9k but shell attachment seems kind of loose/lazy, it's a little heavy (especially compared to the Jetspeed girdle), and the spine protection is pretty lackluster. The ST girdle seems to better address these issues.

16 hours ago, mshman said:

Never tried the ST but I use the 9k. Having seemingly permanently injured my tailbone (sit-to-stand hurts like hell still after nearly a year), I found the 9k to offer some of the best tailbone padding, IMO, amongst pro stock offerings (I also like the HP32's which is kind of similar).

The ST tailbone pad looks similar to the 9k, at least in videos. What makes them different?

I like the 9k but shell attachment seems kind of loose/lazy, it's a little heavy (especially compared to the Jetspeed girdle), and the spine protection is pretty lackluster. The ST girdle seems to better address these issues.

The Super Tacks tailbone is a little wider and longer and has more of the soft/secondary padding off to the sides than the 9K had so it seems to cover more area and help on some of those off centered landings from what I've found.  The ST definitely added some much needed spine protection over the 9K, and having the adjustability makes it all the better.  As for shell attachment, I just use the belt on the shell, some of mine don't even have the belt just the velcro fly up front and as long as it's the right size for me that works just fine.

• Like 1