Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

Crack in carbon. Cause for concern?

Putting away my gear after letting it dry out and noticed a crack in the back of my TF9. Don't recall getting hit with a shot or anything else on my heel recently, but something clearly happened. I cannot flex the area around the crack at all by pushing on it with my fingers, but it definitely doesn't look good...  

Anyone else have this issue before? Should it be a cause for concern? Suppose it could push me over the edge for the new Catalyst skate...

1656516423484-vi.jpg

Edited by Westside

See, this is the shit i am concerned about with these carbon fiber composite boots.  There's a guy in another thread who got hit with a shot on the side of his CCM 100k's and it split the carbon like an egg shell.  I also found people complaining about splits and cracks in the orginal CCM AS1 pro skates.  Something clearly happened to your boot heel and it will get worse, to the point that the skate is trash.

4 hours ago, Westside said:

Putting away my gear after letting it dry out and noticed a crack in the back of my TF9. Don't recall getting hit with a shot or anything else on my heel recently, but something clearly happened. I cannot flex the area around the crack at all by pushing on it with my fingers, but it definitely doesn't look good...  

Anyone else have this issue before? Should it be a cause for concern? Suppose it could push me over the edge for the new Catalyst skate...

1656516423484-vi.jpg

Thats a pretty easy fix. 

Howdy,

2 hours ago, PBH said:

Thats a pretty easy fix. 

Details on how to fix?

Is that just the gel coat (or whatever its called) cracking?  Something else?

Mark

4 hours ago, PBH said:

Thats a pretty easy fix. 

Would also be interested in how to fix it? It does not appear to be just a crack in the clear, but rather a crack in the outer layer of carbon