Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bl4

Graf v. Bauer/CCM Sizing

I realize that Grafs have largely fallen by the wayside, but I'm contemplating snagging a pair of G755s on a pretty attractive sale.  I'm curious about thoughts on sizing, though.  I haven't worn Grafs for many years.  I used to wear an 8.5 in Graf, but I also used to wear an 8.5 in Bauers.  I'm currently wearing an 8 Ribcor.  (I did both Bauer and CCM scans when I bought my current skates, and they both recommended an 8.)  Of course I realize that there's no substitute for actually trying on the skates, but does anyone have any experience with relative sizing of Grafs v. Bauer/CCMs these days?  Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly. 

I find Grafs to run a bit short compared to Bauer/CCM.  The issue is I'm not sure it is a full 1/2 size.  I wear a 5 in Graf (535) and a 4.5 in CCM/Bauer.  But as you said, trying them on is really the only test that counts. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, krisdrum said:

I find Grafs to run a bit short compared to Bauer/CCM.  The issue is I'm not sure it is a full 1/2 size.  I wear a 5 in Graf (535) and a 4.5 in CCM/Bauer.  But as you said, trying them on is really the only test that counts. 

Graf is about 1/4 size smaller than most other brands. In most brands I wear a 7.5 but in Graf I need an 8.0 in retail skates. 

• Thanks 1