Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GQRDY

CCM XS Skate Tongue Extra

Has anyone used the CCM XS Skate Tongue Extra?

I have the FT4 Pro's don't need to reduce the volume. Would these tongues just make the boot fit snugger than it already does? 

They are a few mm's thicker, nothing massive but definitely different than the original tongues I had in my FT4 Pro's (which were the standard ones).  I bought them to reduce volume slightly and I guess they did the trick, the skates felt more snug all around which was a plus for me... I did notice the laces are slightly shorter now so it did add a little volume or size across the laces if that means anything.  As far as the tongue, it's comfortable but needs a little breaking in, the extra D3O on the upper half felt like it could shape/contour a bit more with use but all in all I'm happy with mine after one use.

• Like 1

I have the XS tongue to reduce volume in my FT4's.

While it does its job perfectly. I have a couple very minor gripes.

1. I hate the "look" of the tongue. I understand it's meant to be universal throughout CCM's 3 skate lines. I just feel it makes the skates look cheap. At the end of the day it honestly is subjective and doesn't matter, but I do hate how they look on the FT4's.

2. I would have preferred it to be designed/built the same as the stock tongue, only thinner. Not sure if that was possible, but I'm not a fan of the smoother back of the tongue. The overall feeling of the materials and binding just feels and looks cheap to me. I want more felt. But, they have held up, so I can't really complain.

3. I wish the top of the tongue sat a hair lower. . If I set my True tongue to the absolute highest spot, so i have the most tongue showing above the laces, it's still about an inch shorter than the standard CCM placement. Once again, personal preference and an extremely minorgripes.

Overall they are fine and do their job. So that's the bottom line. I just figured I'd throw that stuff out to share. 

3 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

I have the XS tongue to reduce volume in my FT4's.

While it does its job perfectly. I have a couple very minor gripes.

1. I hate the "look" of the tongue. I understand it's meant to be universal throughout CCM's 3 skate lines. I just feel it makes the skates look cheap. At the end of the day it honestly is subjective and doesn't matter, but I do hate how they look on the FT4's.

2. I would have preferred it to be designed/built the same as the stock tongue, only thinner. Not sure if that was possible, but I'm not a fan of the smoother back of the tongue. The overall feeling of the materials and binding just feels and looks cheap to me. I want more felt. But, they have held up, so I can't really complain.

3. I wish the top of the tongue sat a hair lower. . If I set my True tongue to the absolute highest spot, so i have the most tongue showing above the laces, it's still about an inch shorter than the standard CCM placement. Once again, personal preference and an extremely minorgripes.

Overall they are fine and do their job. So that's the bottom line. I just figured I'd throw that stuff out to share. 

What size skates do you have?  Wondering that is why your tongues seem longer since I know their small/medium/large has a range of sizes they say will fit for each.  I have a 7.5 and am in the medium range and they're the same as stock, I kind of wish they were a touch taller to be honest.  The look was definitely different but once I laced them up and tucked the tongue under my shins I didn't notice them at all.

6 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

What size skates do you have?  Wondering that is why your tongues seem longer since I know their small/medium/large has a range of sizes they say will fit for each.  I have a 7.5 and am in the medium range and they're the same as stock, I kind of wish they were a touch taller to be honest.  The look was definitely different but once I laced them up and tucked the tongue under my shins I didn't notice them at all.

I'm a size 10 in my FT4's. Like I said, this was more in reference in comparison to the tongue on my True's.

I don't have the stock tongues anymore to reference which is a bummer.

Like I said, most of my gripes were minor nitpicks.