Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hawk11

Curve/Custom stick help Willy Nylander

I was just about ready to put down a chunk of change on some custom CCM sticks when I started shooting with my William Nylander pro stock Bauer 2S and have been doing so for the last couple of days. I can do darn near anything with that. The flat rocker the straight at the heel and that toe.  Pretty good fit to my eye. From what I understand it is a modified Bauer p14 I believe?!?  Is there anything that is fairly close to that in CCM?  Is the p71 close?  It shoots better than the p28 for me and pretty close to the p90tm. Thoughts? 

Do believe it's a modified P14, but don't know if CCM offers something similar for their pro stock sticks. Hockeystickman has some of Nylander's pro stock Sherwood TMPs for sale right now if you'd just prefer those. They are pretty good sticks.

If they can do a P14 max height (CCM calls it P49) that would get you closer. The problem with the standard P14 is the blade is super tiny. 

Connor Brown also uses Nylander’s specs if you can find his sticks. 

14 hours ago, hawk11 said:

Thanks for the response. Thats what I was afraid of. 
Would a p71 be an option?  Pretty flat rocker and a hook at the toe? 

P71 blade is pretty long, P14 blade is pretty short. In terms of surface area of the blade, the P14 is the smallest that I'm aware of. Having not used either and just going on what I've read, I don't think these are all that similar. Prostockhockeysticks offers both the Nylander curve and the Spezza curve (the Spezza curve is similar to the Nylander curve but with more blade height and even more toe).

Somewhat related, though - True is introducing their version of the retail P14 curve for their 2023 True Catalyst stick line. They are calling it the T27. Could be something worth trying since it would be far easier to find than pro stock Nylander curves.

I was just at the Leafs prostock shop today wishing Willy shot left. His stick was Supreme graphics but stick code is 2NPROXL. I believe Andreas Johnsson has similar specs but lefty, i've been using his twigs. If you want pictures i'll grab some next time. Spezza's stick was there too for comparison.