Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
shoot_the_goalie

CCM AS-V Pro stick vs previous gen

13 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Anybody know how much the new Tacks AS-V Pro stick compares to the previous gen sticks?  Is the kick point and v-shaft significantly different?

AS-V pro plays entirely different from any of the other Tacks stick I have ever used. The new taper, similar to the Ultrasonic in some ways, makes the lower portion of the stick extremely stiff and pushes the kick point up much higher than previous models. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

AS-V pro plays entirely different from any of the other Tacks stick I have ever used. The new taper, similar to the Ultrasonic in some ways, makes the lower portion of the stick extremely stiff and pushes the kick point up much higher than previous models. 

Does that make it a higher kick stick than last AS4 pro?  More like the supreme? 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, hawk11 said:

Does that make it a higher kick stick than last AS4 pro?  More like the supreme? 

So... I don't have a AS4 Pro, but I have a AS3 Pro and the kick of those two were the same.

ASV Pro has the same kick point as the AS3 Pro does, it feels different overall because of the new shaft shape and it feels a bit less whippy (could just be retail flex tolerances) but the kick point is the same and it is VERY easy to release.

I know the kick point is the same spot, because I compared it with a Trigger, and the AS3 Pro. The Trigger you have to change you hand position to get off solid shots whereas it is the exact same hand position and motion to get the same shots on the AS3 and ASV.

Edit: After using it for a while, the kick point still feels similar location but the V-Pro is harder to load and shoot. I am sorry for the wrong info I had on here.

Edited by Hills

2 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

An add on here.  I noticed that the AS-V (non-pro) has the traditional square shape vs the v-shape.  Does the AS-V play more like the previous gens then?

Yup!

I love the AS3 Pro, but haven't tried the AS-V Pro.  The AS3 Pro and Warrior LX Pro are the best shooting twigs for me. How does the V Pro shoot in comparison to the 3 Pro for the various shots? 

19 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I love the AS3 Pro, but haven't tried the AS-V Pro.  The AS3 Pro and Warrior LX Pro are the best shooting twigs for me. How does the V Pro shoot in comparison to the 3 Pro for the various shots? 

Check out my post above...

Reviving this thread, now that I've had time to use an AS-V Pro for a bit. (so sort of answering my own question for the forum).  I find the AS-V Pro is very comfortable to hold and I really like the new shape for stickhandling.  However, I find the kickpoint not nearly as smooth as the previous AS lines, so it doesn't feel as effortless to get good shots off.  Gotta really work to get power vs. previous gen.  It could just be that I'm so used to traditional square shafts, but the kickpoint is definitely different.  Feels a bit like the old Supremes.  I did find I could shoot pretty accurate with it though.  Also noticed that the curve (P88) is slightly different than previous gen.