Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT6 Pro gear drop!

On 6/27/2023 at 2:25 PM, Westside said:

Noticed that some FT6 Pro skates appear to have visible carbon fiber and others do not. Is there a reason behind this? Was visible carbon for prototype or custom versions?

Example of exposed carbon. Non visible carbon was shown on the previous page 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmE54-hJzlF/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

May have found an answer to my own question. Could US skates with the lower flex rating (195) be black and Euro skates with a higher flex rating (215) be exposed carbon? Lines up with these UK skates on eBay and those featured on hockey tutorial’s YT channel and other European outlets 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185981879942?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ZUWO54H8Sg-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SnF9bMyvRdu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

13 hours ago, Westside said:

May have found an answer to my own question. Could US skates with the lower flex rating (195) be black and Euro skates with a higher flex rating (215) be exposed carbon? Lines up with these UK skates on eBay and those featured on hockey tutorial’s YT channel and other European outlets 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185981879942?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ZUWO54H8Sg-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SnF9bMyvRdu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Damn...somebody just got a pair of $1100 skates for like $350.......brand new.  

On 6/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, VegasHockey said:

I also have seen the FT6 Pro skate in person, no exposed carbon is visible. I think only the custom option will have exposed carbon. Such a shame, since they look so good! 

52315ea5-8561-48f4-bbc9-1532851ccedc?rul

12550c08-5086-4e24-8dee-002e965a22fd?rul

4267b12b-3df7-43a9-9006-0b4b24c38d64?rul

@VegasHockey  Question for you.......I recall a post you made year or so ago, where you talked about the new ASV Skate line and the new skate last / moulds compared to the the Ribcors.  More specifically, I think you said you were a regular width 9.5 in the 100k Pro's, but were a 9.0 tapered in the ASV's.   Where do you stand with the FT6 Pro's?  Are they more voluminous like the ASV's or are they less, more so like the 100K pro's?  For reference, I am in 100k Pro's now and felt the exact same thing you did.  I too had to go a half size smaller and down to the tapered when trying out the ASV's.  I opted for the 100k's bc they were not as stiff, and went a half size up and chose the regular width for the perfect fit compared to the ASV's

Edited by noupf

On 7/12/2023 at 8:39 AM, noupf said:

@VegasHockey  Question for you.......I recall a post you made year or so ago, where you talked about the new ASV Skate line and the new skate last / moulds compared to the the Ribcors.  More specifically, I think you said you were a regular width 9.5 in the 100k Pro's, but were a 9.0 tapered in the ASV's.   Where do you stand with the FT6 Pro's?  Are they more voluminous like the ASV's or are they less, more so like the 100K pro's?  For reference, I am in 100k Pro's now and felt the exact same thing you did.  I too had to go a half size smaller and down to the tapered when trying out the ASV's.  I opted for the 100k's bc they were not as stiff, and went a half size up and chose the regular width for the perfect fit compared to the ASV's

Normally a 7.5 regular, in the FT6 Pro I wear a 7.0 Tapered. The changes to the new skate last has made them fit overall bigger. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know why none of the big retail stores have FT6 Pro skates tapered fit in stock? I usually wore Bauer Fit 2 or CCM Regular in the past and would love to try the tapered fit in store. So far I'm only seeing IW and CCM website have them in stock

On 7/24/2023 at 9:17 PM, BesToss said:

Does anyone know why none of the big retail stores have FT6 Pro skates tapered fit in stock? I usually wore Bauer Fit 2 or CCM Regular in the past and would love to try the tapered fit in store. So far I'm only seeing IW and CCM website have them in stock

Because most of the stores did a terrible job with booking orders.... 

2 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

My new Jets.

jets.jpg

uhmmmmmmmmmmmm, how did you get yours with the carbon fiber showing?  To the understanding of many here, the north american models don't show the carbon fiber on the retail skates.

26 minutes ago, noupf said:

uhmmmmmmmmmmmm, how did you get yours with the carbon fiber showing?  To the understanding of many here, the north american models don't show the carbon fiber on the retail skates.

Just lucky, I guess. 

Kidding aside, I just got back from Sweden, where I work with the top skating/skills group there and I also work with Marsblade. They had a nice present waiting for me when I arrived in Stockholm. I asked and they told me this carbon version is only available in Europe.  Also, if you haven't tried the Marsblade I2, you're missing out. So good. 

Edited by clarkiestooth
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:28 PM, clarkiestooth said:

Just lucky, I guess. 

Kidding aside, I just got back from Sweden, where I work with the top skating/skills group there and I also work with Marsblade. They had a nice present waiting for me when I arrived in Stockholm. I asked and they told me this carbon version is only available in Europe.  Also, if you haven't tried the Marsblade I2, you're missing out. So good. 

I think the European model is stiffer and the build is closed to an AS-V Pro, thus the exposed carbon.