Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Hoapa Hydrogen

Decent price and options. I tested a Hoapa stick a long time ago, and it was respectable. I wonder if their sticks have gotten better. I did notice they mention the weight of 360 grams at 58" length. Kinda of sneaky.... "Notes: Hydrogen 360g weight standard 58” inch senior stick. Shorter stick means lower weight."

https://hoapahockey.com/collections/sr-custom-sticks/products/hydrogen-2-pack

Edited by VegasHockey

I had good luck with my first hoapa stick but have broken several now in the same area. They were all the same original model but it seemed like something changed in the construction at some point . I’ve only really liked them for roller hockey but tempted to try some of their new models to see if they could be good for ice

13 hours ago, Stewie said:

I had good luck with my first hoapa stick but have broken several now in the same area. They were all the same original model but it seemed like something changed in the construction at some point . I’ve only really liked them for roller hockey but tempted to try some of their new models to see if they could be good for ice

Where did they break? 
My son has used the PS1 shaft and blades, composite and outdoor. The composite blades were nice and light the outdoor blades were heavy but that was expected. I was impressed at how light the shaft was at 75 flex. he’s only using them for roller but I’m curious how they would hold up on ice.

Im interested in trying some of the others especially for the price.

When I started skating again after covid, I bought 2 sticks from Hoapa (PM9 & P88). Thought they were really nice for passing & stickhandling, but shooting had little to no pop. Durability was questionable. On the other hand, they're one of the few places you can still get a PM9 in less than a week (they ship direct from Taiwan to your door in a few days).