Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Quality of Superfeet over the years

Has the quality of super feet gotten worse?  I just picked up a newer pair of whet used to be the yellow carbon hockey insoles.  They say performance now.  The insoles seem much thinner and not as robust as the carbon insoles.  Am I missing something?  Even the black piece feels thinner 

On 9/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, iceman8310 said:

Has the quality of super feet gotten worse?  I just picked up a newer pair of whet used to be the yellow carbon hockey insoles.  They say performance now.  The insoles seem much thinner and not as robust as the carbon insoles.  Am I missing something?  Even the black piece feels thinner 

If you had Yellows, you had the pre-upgrade ones and they shouldn't have been called "Carbon." Yellow was when they had a single product, then they came out with the "Pro Carbon" which changed to their "carbon" structure and a thinner a slightly thinner foot bed.

Once Yellow was sold through, they came out with the "Comfort" which doesn't really have any of the Superfeet benefits and is more or less an upgraded rivet cover.

Most people preferred the Pro Carbons to the older Yellows, from what I can see they haven't done anything different from my Pro Carbon to the new name changed ones.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Once Yellow was sold through, they came out with the "Comfort" which doesn't really have any of the Superfeet benefits and is more or less an upgraded rivet cover

Speak for yourself. I’ve tried the carbons multiple times and always go back to the comforts. They’re much better than any standard stock footbed

11 hours ago, Westside said:

Speak for yourself. I’ve tried the carbons multiple times and always go back to the comforts. They’re much better than any standard stock footbed

I also prefer the comfort model, as the arch is more flexible. 

22 hours ago, Westside said:

But... that is exactly what I said. They are upgrades over the rivet cover (which is most stock foot beds) but doesn't give any benefits that the Carbon does. Superfeet straight up said it was made for people who don't like the support that the Carbons give.,

I still use the grey ones! 😂

iv’e tried the yellow ones but for me the grey ones worked better.. Found a swedish retailer a few years ago who still had a few grey pairs (size E) in stock.. So i bought them all.. I have like 8 pairs left, so i think i never have to buy skate insoles again 😄

12 hours ago, swede said:

I still use the grey ones! 😂

iv’e tried the yellow ones but for me the grey ones worked better.. Found a swedish retailer a few years ago who still had a few grey pairs (size E) in stock.. So i bought them all.. I have like 8 pairs left, so i think i never have to buy skate insoles again 😄

The Grey hockey ones were the best IMO

On 9/26/2023 at 7:54 AM, Hills said:

But... that is exactly what I said. They are upgrades over the rivet cover (which is most stock foot beds) but doesn't give any benefits that the Carbon does. Superfeet straight up said it was made for people who don't like the support that the Carbons give.,

Not sure if I agree that the carbon ones offer any increase in performance compared to the comfort. They are both very different in design. IMO, the best foot bed is the one that feels most comfortable. 

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Not sure if I agree that the carbon ones offer any increase in performance compared to the comfort. They are both very different in design. IMO, the best foot bed is the one that feels most comfortable. 

I never said it increased performance. Carbons specifically help pull back the toes from stopping the foot from collapsing, Comfort doesn't do that and Superfeet was very clear in the differences when Comfort came out.