Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Is it just me or are there a lot more NHL players wearing True skates this year?

31 minutes ago, Beflar said:

Watched the Toronto highlights yesterday and it seemed everyone scoring goals had True skates on.  Kinda funny.

Haven’t seen any highlights myself this year yet, but it wouldn’t surprise me. True’s share of elite skaters seems to grow every year. They had Bedard until HyperShite came out. If they manage to keep a figure of his stature, look out.

They're growing popularity bc the younger generations are wearing them and liking them so they keep wearing them, hence why there's a decent amount of the prospects in them. I wouldn't be surprised if bedard goes back to them at some point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

They're growing popularity bc the younger generations are wearing them and liking them so they keep wearing them, hence why there's a decent amount of the prospects in them. I wouldn't be surprised if bedard goes back to them at some point. 

He still rocks them for roller.

20 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Most young players are open-minded and not married to specific brands.

Funny story, there is a big name sponsored NHL player and his kids wear TRUE. The TRUE rep was able to get the NHL player to try out a pair of TRUE custom skates, and he loved them. Said it was the first time he has ever worn skates that didn't hurt his feet. However, the money from his big sponsor was too large to give up. He is at the tail end of his NHL career and is looking to pocket as much cash as possible. 

14 hours ago, flip12 said:

Yes, he does. I have seen him wearing TRUE in a few practice skates. Also, there are pics of him wearing CCM too. Regardless, you could have that kid wear wooden shoes with blades duct taped to them and he would still look smooth. So much talent. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2023 at 6:12 AM, flip12 said:

its his old pair of ice skates converted to roller

Edited by Sniper9

On 10/3/2023 at 2:04 PM, VegasHockey said:

He can get as many pairs of skates as he wants. I assume he had custom skates made for roller. 

If this were the case why wouldn't he just use the same hyperlites for roller. You can see his inline skates are old model trues. 

5 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

Isn't that just for NHLers? It might not reflect preseason skate percentages. A lot of AHLers and Back-to-Juniorsers in the mix that usually aren't counted there.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:22 AM, Sniper9 said:

If this were the case why wouldn't he just use the same hyperlites for roller. You can see his inline skates are old model trues. 

Maybe he didn't want to break in a new pair of skates. Who knows. I know a lot of players that use one brand for ice and another for roller. I never have thought to ask why...