Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Vapor ADV

12 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

I have the opportunity to get a vapor adv. Is it a good stick or is it very fragile?

Anything that has material removed to decrease weight is going to be more fragile. YMMV. It could last days or could last months. 

8 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Anything that has material removed to decrease weight is going to be more fragile. YMMV. It could last days or could last months. 

How’s its performance? Is it still better than some of the newer sticks?

14 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

How’s its performance? Is it still better than some of the newer sticks?

I would not say it is better or worse. That's a subjective opinion. Some might like it more than the current generation sticks, some might like it less. 

For example, look at how many NHL players are using stick builds that are 4+ years old and they seem to be doing just fine. 

3 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I would not say it is better or worse. That's a subjective opinion. Some might like it more than the current generation sticks, some might like it less. 

For example, look at how many NHL players are using stick builds that are 4+ years old and they seem to be doing just fine. 

If you had to pay full price, what would be your stick of choice today?

9 hours ago, Giltis said:

Trigger pro 5, 6 or 7. Don't care which one, my shot has significant more pop (confirmed by radar gun) using these compared to any other stick I have used / tested / still own (and that's all of the top of the line sticks from CCM / Warrior / Bauer/ True / Sherwood / STX over the last 4 years).

On 10/24/2023 at 12:36 PM, VegasHockey said:

As of now Id saw the adv and 1nxl and 2nproxl are the most popular stick builds for the guys using bauer over the last 5 years or so.   Also has more to do with the carbon they are using and not removing.

On 10/25/2023 at 12:31 PM, Giltis said:

FT6 Pro, FT Ghost, or Trigger 8 Pro. I obviously gravitate towards CCM sticks. 

12 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

FT6 Pro, FT Ghost, or Trigger 8 Pro. I obviously gravitate towards CCM sticks. 

My last stick that I loved was the FT3 before trying different brands. I guess I should have stuck with CCM. I might try the newest Trigger though, I didn't quite like the first one so I went JetSpeed.