Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

bauer nexus 8000 shin guards placement vs.CCM Tacks vs. Bauer Supreme

I currently have bauer nexus 8000 shin guards that are nearing the end of their life.  what would be the closest Shin available now to replace the nexus 8000 but not as bulky? 

I'm not looking for a bulky shin guard but also not looking for a super skinny either.  I think the Nexus ones make my legs look like tanks.  How are the CCM AS-V shins?

Edited by iceman8310

Not too familiar with that one but looks like a more standard traditonal fit, so maybe a Tacks?  All of the new Bauer ones seem to tapered or anatomical to me.

Also, not sure what size you are but these brand new Nexus 8000's just popped up if you're a 16": https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/protective/shin-pads/7362023-bauer-nexus-8000-nhl-pro-stock-hockey-protective-shin-pads-senior-size-16

That seller has a website, lockerswap.com and you can get 10% off through the site, I've picked up some shells from them in the past.

I went from Nexus to Supremes and the Supremes are a lot less bulky with I like. Only thing for me is there is a small gap from the top of my skate to the bottom of the pad, which the puck always seems to find. Maybe I should have gone to the 14 instead of 13. 

1 hour ago, Left Wing King said:

I went from Nexus to Supremes and the Supremes are a lot less bulky with I like. Only thing for me is there is a small gap from the top of my skate to the bottom of the pad, which the puck always seems to find. Maybe I should have gone to the 14 instead of 13. 

I’m looking at the ccm as-v and the Bauer supreme.  The as-v looks less bulky than the tacks.  Not sure though 

I use Tacks from a few years back and love them.  Best fit to my leg shape I've found, so minimal gaps in protection.  I don't think they've significantly changed the shape of the Tack pads for awhile now, but haven't tried the AS-V on.  My son wears Supremes right now and really likes them.  Lower profile, but also solid protection (he came from Jetspeeds that had durability issues).  But I've tried the Supremes, and don't like them because of the angle of the pad as it gets down towards my ankle, it creates a gap in protection.  I think it will come down to which one fits your leg better.  Both should be lower profile than the Nexus and provide very similar level of protection.