Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jadeuser21

CCM Jetspeed ft690 skates

I've always had difficulty getting my heel to fit properly in skates. I used to wear the bauer supreme s160 skates until now. At first I thought i was the wrong size, but the scanner had me in the same size I am wearing. When i tried a size down, I couldnt even get the skate on my foot. so I tried the m5 pro, but they didn't work(felt horrible) and the vapors felt similar, so i was gonna try out ccm for the first time. The ft6pro was all they had in the store in my size(6.5). I tried on the ft6 pro skates in the store and for the first time in literally ever, they felt really good on my feet, but unfortunately they were way out of my price range. The guy in the store recommended that I go for the ft690 skates, because they include features from both the ft6pro and ft6 skates and have a similar(ish) fit by the heel as the ft6 pro's. I kept trying to find reviews of any sort on them, but there's almost nothing online. The only thing I know is that they are an SMU skate(don't know what that means). I got the skates from their website, and they feel pretty different from the ft6 pro skates. Anybody have any experience with both skates? Or know of the different feature of the skates? Anything helps. Thanks!

It's a special edition model, only select stores have it. They take a lower price point and upgrade it with some features from the top models.

The FT690 is a mix of the FT680 and the FT6 models: The boot and holder is FT680, the liner and steel is from the FT6, and the tongue from the FT6 Pro.

Seems like a great value skate, did you buy it already?

• Like 1

For future reference SMU = Special Make Up. They are designs offered to only certain retailers, usually a mix between two price points. Sometimes it’s a good value and you’re getting upgraded tier 2 specs at a tier 3 price point. Other times they are putting lipstick on a turd. 

I was looking at some Jetspeed SMU elbows and the “upgrades” were different colors and a chrome CCM logo. 

I had them, but returned them because ultimately they didn’t fit my foot properly.  I thought they were pretty awesome skates though.  I skated about 5x in them.  I’m in Mach’s now and miss some of the aspects of the 690’s.  

17 hours ago, caseyjones said:

I had them, but returned them because ultimately they didn’t fit my foot properly.  I thought they were pretty awesome skates though.  I skated about 5x in them.  I’m in Mach’s now and miss some of the aspects of the 690’s.  

Wow! Please do tell more. I know people love the FT6 series, but if a a Mach makes you long for the FT690, that's quite concerning.

As I understand it, it's a dressed up FT680, so even with the extra features, the stiffness is not upgraded, (165). Bauer doesn't have a stiffness rating but the Mach is in the ballpark of the FT6 and AS-V, (180-190), so it should be significantly stiffer than the FT690. Tell us what you liked more on the FT690.

43 minutes ago, Radien55 said:

Wow! Please do tell more. I know people love the FT6 series, but if a a Mach makes you long for the FT690, that's quite concerning.

As I understand it, it's a dressed up FT680, so even with the extra features, the stiffness is not upgraded, (165). Bauer doesn't have a stiffness rating but the Mach is in the ballpark of the FT6 and AS-V, (180-190), so it should be significantly stiffer than the FT690. Tell us what you liked more on the FT690.

Not the skate as a whole, but some of its features.  Ft690 was my first dip into newer tech skates, coming from Graf 707’s.  The stiffness and responsiveness of the skate was very noticeable.  More so on the ccms than the mach’s for me.  Ccms felt stiffer and more responsive.  Idk if that’s a one piece boot vs 2 piece or the fact that the Machs have much more forward flex, maybe it was the holder and steel, maybe the size 6.5(CCMs) were cut a tad higher than size 6 Mach’s?…..idk….but that’s how they felt for me.  They felt stiffer.  The tongue on the ccms was pretty cool.  Very comfortable.  The tendon guard has padding on it whereas the Mach’s is just hard plastic.  I think the full interior wrap vs the comfort edge was an upgrade.  Xs holder with step steel vs tuuk with pulse/fly steel.  Ultimately, I like the Mach’s better.  They fit me perfectly.  But there were some really cool aspects to the CCMs imo. 

• Like 1

Stumbled upon this thread and looked at the skates online. Anyone picked up a pair? Do they fit the same as FT6 Pros? 

Saw Canadian stores were selling them for $400CAD during the holidays. In hopes of a future sale I thought these could be a great boot for roller 

Edited by Westside

6 hours ago, Westside said:

Stumbled upon this thread and looked at the skates online. Anyone picked up a pair? Do they fit the same as FT6 Pros? 

Saw Canadian stores were selling them for $400CAD during the holidays. In hopes of a future sale I thought these could be a great boot for roller 

I have not tried them, but in my experience, even the FT6/ASV do not fit the same as the Pro versions so I would advice you to test them first.

It is the same for Bauer, Machs fit different than the M5 Pro. The latter is more narrow.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:12 PM, caseyjones said:

Not the skate as a whole, but some of its features.  Ft690 was my first dip into newer tech skates, coming from Graf 707’s.  The stiffness and responsiveness of the skate was very noticeable.  More so on the ccms than the mach’s for me.  Ccms felt stiffer and more responsive.  Idk if that’s a one piece boot vs 2 piece or the fact that the Machs have much more forward flex, maybe it was the holder and steel, maybe the size 6.5(CCMs) were cut a tad higher than size 6 Mach’s?…..idk….but that’s how they felt for me.  They felt stiffer.  The tongue on the ccms was pretty cool.  Very comfortable.  The tendon guard has padding on it whereas the Mach’s is just hard plastic.  I think the full interior wrap vs the comfort edge was an upgrade.  Xs holder with step steel vs tuuk with pulse/fly steel.  Ultimately, I like the Mach’s better.  They fit me perfectly.  But there were some really cool aspects to the CCMs imo. 

This is what I noticed as well. Bought a few new skates lately and one was CCM Ribcore Titantium and the other is Supreme M4. The foward flex on the M4 is way way more flexible than the CCM, The M4 felt like I was skating in low top sneakers compared to the Ribcores. The CCM is a solid responsive skate but that tongue is simply too damm big for me.