Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MrKrypton

Bauer Supreme 7000 size question

Hello,

Have a quick question about an ancient skate I was hoping someone could help with.  Does anyone know if the Supreme 7000 ever came in a 13D?  I found an ad for a pair listed as size 14 which I'm assuming is incorrect.  Speaking to the seller they can't find a size tag.  I was able to confirm they have a 306mm custom tuuk plus which is the same holder on my size 13D Nike Ignite 2's and Air Accel Elites. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike     

If the tongue says 14 (on a retail), it’s probably a 12.5 skate. Do you have the listing to show? I’m about 95% sure 306 was the largest holder Bauer used outside of pro stock skates, which I think went up to 324. 

Hi Buzz,

Here's a link to the very limited ad.  The seller is Play It Again and they couldn't find a size tag and are simply going off what the customer dropping them off said they were.  Just curious if these were ever made and tagged as 13D's. 

https://www.playitagainsports.com/product/11735-S000322020/used-bauer-supreme-power-senior-14-ice-hockey-skates

Thanks,

Mike  

Nothing scientific but if the holder is the same size you are skating on now you can compare the holder to the bottom of the boot on your skates vs the pictures of the 7000’s.  If you are in 7000’s now then it should be very helpful.  That’s one of the things I do when a seller doesn’t know the actual size.  Get the holder size and see how much room it occupies on the sole of the skate 

Thanks!  That's very helpful.  They look pretty close to some of my current 13D skates.  Would be nice if the seller knew more about what they had as I'm sure the size must be listed somewhere.  Oh well, if they don't work out I can likely recoup some costs and resell them.    

Mike

46 minutes ago, MrKrypton said:

Thanks!  That's very helpful.  They look pretty close to some of my current 13D skates.  Would be nice if the seller knew more about what they had as I'm sure the size must be listed somewhere.  Oh well, if they don't work out I can likely recoup some costs and resell them.    

I still have a pair of 7000s like these from the early 2000s. I changed the tongues a long time ago but I remember the size tag being down the tongue closer to the toe cap, 4th or 5th eyelet from the toe cap based on the pics in the link. The Nike ignite 1s I have also have the size tag lower down the tongue. The Ignites and 7000s are the same era.

the holder size is a good indicator also.

Thanks Sturdy22,

I told the seller to unlace the skate, push the tongue forward and they would see it stitched to the side.  They assured me they tried and still couldn't see it.  I bought the skates anyways and if they aren't the right size they said they would take them back.

Mike

• Like 1