Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
gemini8026

Looking for some feedback for any CCM AS-V pro skate owners.......

Long story short. Time for some new skates. Ive gone from Bauer Nexus 1n skates, to Supreme 3S pro skates, to Bauer Nexus 2ns in the past few years. Ive got a wide foot. Anyhow, my bauer skates fit decently but my skates are breaking down fairly quickly and I was hopign to take advantage of some year end sales.

My local hockey shop has the AS-V pro's on sale. I tried them on and they feel great, and would expect that to only get better after baking. The high end Bauer skates are still over 1k so thats out of my budget but the AS-V pro's are on a really nice sale.

The issue/question!? They fit great in the store, but I keep reading about the stiffness. that is one thing you cant really test out in the store. I am 6'2 and 230 lbs. Decent skater and I play in the upper end rec leagues, but nothing elite. Could the stiff boot be an issue?!? Does it break in over time?!? Is there a reason why these skates were not a great seller?!?

Id love a top end skate, and they fit good in the store for my wider foot, but I am worried I would have regrets if I am on the ice and do not adapt to the boot or find it painful.

Although I prefer the CCM Jetspeed, the Tacks AS-V PRO is a really good skate. The reason they are marked down 30% everywhere is because there is a new Tacks version coming in the summer. If you are concerned about the stiffness (and IMO the carbon composite doesn't really loosen up noticably) , why not go with the next one down, the Tacks AS-V for $530 USD?  Nice looking skate that's a bit less stiff. 

As someone that loved the softness of the FT1 skate (which was a lot softer than the new Jetspeed), I have the AS-V Pro and you do notice the boot being stiff and not really flexing with your foot. But I've gotten used to it and adjusted a bit and don't have problems with skating with it anymore.

I am pretty flexible with the gear I use though... but they are the best skates I have worn.

I skate in AS3 Pros and Machs...I'm 5'9"/170...no issues with stiffness. It's all about your stride and what feels good.  I started using the Machs because it seems to be the perfect blend of the stiffness of the Tacks and the forward flexion of the 100k Pro.  I do love the Tacks though.