Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Speedblade XS Holder vs. Edge Holder vs. Powerfly Holder

What is everyone's experience of the Speedblade XS Holder vs. Edge Holder vs. Powerfly Holder?  I've only used the XS and the Edge holder.  I haven't used the Powerfly holder yet.  My current skates have the edge holder and I'm debating  if I should go back to the XS holder.  I didn't like how soft the old LS2 holders.  

Here are my recent skates for reference.

I've been using bladetech runners for awhile now and love them.

gallery_526_53_563645.jpg

gallery_526_53_23178.png

image.png.a6c9903ee6e6dfb2fa74f8c25ccaf2c8.png

image.png.29410e7c14cf26ae50628d61435f8f96.png

Edited by iceman8310

Haven’t used Powerfly holders, but have no complaints about the regular XS holders. Never had an Edge holder break when I used them but would always get the clicking sound like the steel was loose. I am not a fan of the updated/pro stock XS holder simply because the larger dial cracked on me and CCM doesn’t offer a replacement. But the smaller dials they’ve been using have never broke on me and replacements are easily available 

11 hours ago, Westside said:

Haven’t used Powerfly holders, but have no complaints about the regular XS holders. Never had an Edge holder break when I used them but would always get the clicking sound like the steel was loose. I am not a fan of the updated/pro stock XS holder simply because the larger dial cracked on me and CCM doesn’t offer a replacement. But the smaller dials they’ve been using have never broke on me and replacements are easily available 

I did notice a difference in two sets of xs holders i had.  One set had a plastic mechanism, and the other set had a metal mechanism.  

The plastic components were on lower end skates. Higher end skates (and replacements) have metal components. The FT6 Pro started using a larger dial which was previously on pro stock skates. You can find replacement parts to upgrade the plastic version to the metal version:

https://www.kkskate.com/products/ccm-xs-holder-replacement-parts

The top image is what I think is the most common dial with metal components. The bottom is the larger FT6/pro stock dial.

2v2eM3Tarx1YqB.jpg

Edited by Westside

I've only used XS and Edge and haven't looked back once I switched to XS.  I just like the way they feel and prefer the dial as opposed to the trigger that broke on me twice and was not an easy fix (spring inside somehow popped out of place, only fix is the remove the entire holder to access the inside).  I also prefer the wider selection of steel available for XS.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I've only used XS and Edge and haven't looked back once I switched to XS.  I just like the way they feel and prefer the dial as opposed to the trigger that broke on me twice and was not an easy fix (spring inside somehow popped out of place, only fix is the remove the entire holder to access the inside).  I also prefer the wider selection of steel available for XS.

I notice that the xs holder is stiffer than the edge.  I'm trying to justify changing to the xs.  I already have a few sets of edge steel. 

Sick Eastons. I just found an old pair I picked up for my daughter. IMO much better construction and technology than the current Trues.

22 hours ago, bonez05 said:

Sick Eastons. I just found an old pair I picked up for my daughter. IMO much better construction and technology than the current Trues.

If i could have a pair of Makos build as stiff machs I'd be happy