Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hockeydad97

Hyper Lite 2 Vs Shadow comparison

Tried on a pair of shadow size 5.5 fit 3 which is the same as my hyperlite2 sizing. Felt good out of box without baking, as was just trying for fit . Had no pain spots, heels were well locked in too. Had on for approximately 10 min
Looking for feedback back from anyone in hyperlite2’s that’s had a chance to skate in the Shadow skate. Comparisons in size, feel on ice etc, any relevant comparisons .. thought on if it’s worth  switching over to the new line. Any feedback is appreciated.. thanks.. 

Edited by Hockeydad97

Shadow is a big improvement over the Mach.  The Amp flex in the Mach made the facing flex out on me when skating.  The Amp flex in the Shadow is smaller and doesn't go through to the back.  IMO the Shadow with the new toe cap minus the Amp flex between the 2nd and 3rd eyelet would be an awesome skate.

What is it that you don't like about your Hyperlite 2's?  I was always in Supremes with my last pair being custom Ultrasonics.  Thought I'd never be in a Vapor skate, but was disappointed with the Mach and now have custom Hyperlite 2's.  Completely satisfied with how they perform for me so no need to make a model change now.

Thanks for replying and adding.

i have no real complaint with the hyperlite2 , i just like change . I had the ultra sonics previously and I did not care much for them. They just never felt right on the ice. I never had the opportunity to try the Mach. I’ve used supreme in the past and true as well. Switching between brands and models hasn’t been a big issue for the most part anyway. The ultra sonic being the only exception.  

I don’t care what they say about their fit system.  The supreme and vapor lines still fit differently.  With the Machs I definitely noticed this 

Edited by iceman8310

They seemed to have fit my foot very similar. Again unbaked so maybe after baking the heel might open up or something else… the new toe box is definitely different feeling. Feels wider, it’s a nice feeling..

Edited by Hockeydad97

15 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

I don’t care what they say about their fit system.  The supreme and vapor lines still fit differently.  With the Machs I definitely noticed this 

Same experience with me. Mainly with the hyperlites feeling about 1/4 size longer bc of the different toecap. 

Edited by Sniper9

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Same experience with me. Mainly with the hyperlites feeling about 1/4 size longer bc of the different toecap. 

I really liked the Hyperlite toe cap compared to previous Vapors. I felt grelt going half a size down compared to what I wear in older Vapors. Haven’t tried on newer Supremes, just wanted to  add my two cents of love for the Hyperlite toe cap.