Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Ed Jovanovski plays in my beer league!

played against pierre marc bouchard and pierre alexandre parenteau this summer. bouchard was wearing his wild gear and wa susing the stealth before it was even in stores. I of course had to cheaposhot him and got nailed in return....good fun

My old hockey Instructor plays agaisnt Fluery. I don't know what the league is called but there going for the Alan cup. He played them yesterday and they showed it on the News. I saw him face washing Fluery and them pushing each other.

My old hockey Instructor plays agaisnt Fluery. I don't know what the league is called but there going for the Alan cup. He played them yesterday and they showed it on the News. I saw him face washing Fluery and them pushing each other.

I think that picture might've been in the local newspaper. It was somenoe face washing Fluery so I dont' know; cant remember who it was.

I had a game tonight and I showed up about an hour earlier than I usually show up so I got to watch the guys in the 'A League' play. There was one guy who was just spectacular and on a whole other level than everyone else, I didn't recognize him or think much of it until one of my teammates goes "isn't Ed Jovanovski awesome?" and then it hit me... ED JOVANOVSKI PLAYS IN MY LEAGUE!!! A real NHL player, let alone a guy that I grew up watching plays in my league. Some guys are over in Europe, some guys are in the AHL, some guys are up in Canada... but Ed Jovanovski is playing in the same league as me right here in South Florida of all places, must still have a house here from his days with the Panthers. The league i'm in has a 3 goal rule where a single player can only score 3 goals and after you score 3 any others don't count to prevent scores of like 15-2, needless to say Eddy had his 3 goals early in the first period. If any of you live down here in Florida, he plays in the A League at Glacier Ice Arena if you want to go see him play... and the best part was I didn't have to pay 75 bucks for a seat :lol:.

Also, Denis Potvin and Pierre Racicot (NHL Ref) plays in the same league as well.

HEY HEY NEIGHBOR!!! :)

I had a game tonight and I showed up about an hour earlier than I usually show up so I got to watch the guys in the 'A League' play. There was one guy who was just spectacular and on a whole other level than everyone else, I didn't recognize him or think much of it until one of my teammates goes "isn't Ed Jovanovski awesome?" and then it hit me... ED JOVANOVSKI PLAYS IN MY LEAGUE!!! A real NHL player, let alone a guy that I grew up watching plays in my league. Some guys are over in Europe, some guys are in the AHL, some guys are up in Canada... but Ed Jovanovski is playing in the same league as me right here in South Florida of all places, must still have a house here from his days with the Panthers. The league i'm in has a 3 goal rule where a single player can only score 3 goals and after you score 3 any others don't count to prevent scores of like 15-2, needless to say Eddy had his 3 goals early in the first period. If any of you live down here in Florida, he plays in the A League at Glacier Ice Arena if you want to go see him play... and the best part was I didn't have to pay 75 bucks for a seat :lol:.

Also, Denis Potvin and Pierre Racicot (NHL Ref) plays in the same league as well.

HEY HEY NEIGHBOR!!! :)

Cool, you play at Glacier?

I've only played there once...

I'm just now starting the Roller > Ice transition.

Great to see people in my area on this forum though!

Are you in the adult league or?

Which team?

No, not in a league @ Glacier.

I've only just begun playing Ice Hockey.

I do however play in the men's roller League at Sports Mall (SW10th & Powerline).

Sorry to bring up an old post, but looks like Jovo didn't have fun in the Florida beer league!

Quote from a recent interview:

"I played in a men's league, but lasted only four games. I probably would have done something that I would have regretted. Sticks were flying all over the place and I was like: 'Is this worth it?'"

Obviously, the culprits must have been Americans.

"They were all Canadians, a bunch of French guys who live in Florida."

The entire article can be found here:

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouvers...1d-9189c09dfa3e

Funny stuff!

JJ

Sorry to bring up an old post, but looks like Jovo didn't have fun in the Florida beer league!

Quote from a recent interview:

"I played in a men's league, but lasted only four games. I probably would have done something that I would have regretted. Sticks were flying all over the place and I was like: 'Is this worth it?'"

Obviously, the culprits must have been Americans.

"They were all Canadians, a bunch of French guys who live in Florida."

The entire article can be found here:

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouvers...1d-9189c09dfa3e

Funny stuff!

JJ

hahaha, everyone that plays in the A League at Glacier are snowbirds.

To prepare for training camp, he rented ice at a rink in Pompano Beach, near his home, and skated for a week -- alone. Those wacky, high-sticking Snowbirds from Quebec via the men's league weren't invited.

"Seven straight days," Jovanovski said. "Some weird hours. I had Sunday at 7 a.m. and I had Saturday at 6 a.m. It started getting better. First day I felt my lungs were going to explode."

Better that it was his washing machine.

"It was mostly conditioning," he said.

Jovanovski said it took him a long time to get over ending last season in the penalty box.

That's awesome, I didn't know he rented the ice for a week at Glacier.

He's welcome to play for my team, we'll protect him from the high sticking :D.

i know 4 nhl players - my friends uncle who played for calgary in 88'

- Chris and Ted Drury

- Eric Boguniecki

Eric Lacriox (sp?) son of Piere Lacriox (gm of the Avalanche) played in the same leage as me last season. I never did play against him though, i was sort of looking forward to it. He REALLY let himself go though. Must have gainded at least 25 pounds.

you play at big bear?

when was this that you saw jovo because right now he be at the world championship training camp

This was like 3 months ago.

Yes I do.  Do you play their alot?

i play with some old friends on wed. nights. i saw that team with lacroix play a couple of times. i heard quennville and granato suited up when they played in b. i played a roller tournament in vegas against a guy named wally lacroix who apparantly was either another son or nephew. that guy could talk smack.