Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmie

HE950's or Nike Hi-Ho II

Ordering new skates, which one?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Go with Nike's or anything else but Mission. I just talked to guys on a couple Mission teams at my college tournement yesterday, and they all say Mission skates, even this year's, fall apart easily. I saw a couple DNA eyelets break, and a guy on my team's He 750 chassis is already separating from the boot (rivets coming out) after having them about 3 weeks. Apparently Mission needs to up their QC, so I'm told.

Hi, I would personaly go with the mission skates. Yeah both skates are good, but in terms of performance I think the 950's are better. Often mission skates have bad batches but their customer service is second to none. Also you should try both skates on and see witch is the best fit, after all if you go for the nikes just because you've heard some "bad things" about the missions and the nikes don't fit as well. Then you will have problems anyway. Both skates are very comfy though. This desicision should be made in the LHS, when you try both skates on. :)

I am a big Nike fan. Athough some of their other hockey stuff is so-so, one thing they do EXTREMELY well is boots. I have a pair of 2002 Quest 1's and that boot is on par with my new CCM Vector PF8's,very comfortable! So im guessing the HI-HO's boot has to be as good...............................

Ive always loved Nike boots. But thats just because they fit my feet like a glove. It might be different for you, but if they fit, Nike skates are amazing.

My son had the original HiHo's..very comfortable skate...only issue was the wear on the sides of the boot, but my son is very hard on skates...He finds his Beemers just as comfortable though.

:) What does Nike no about the Roller Hockey Business? Look at their boot closley its a Hockey boot with a frame, no hi-lo (less performance)

I wear the He950 skates lightest on the market with the best hardware- swiss bearings, with a magnesium alloy frame stock.

best fitting skates I have wore.

Yeah the Nikes might not be a Hi-Lo stock, as they are rockered, but that can be changed. And some people (im sure there is like 4 out there) actually like the rocker.....................

:) What does Nike no about the Roller Hockey Business? Look at their boot closley its a Hockey boot with a frame, no hi-lo (less performance)

I wear the He950 skates lightest on the market with the best hardware- swiss bearings, with a magnesium alloy frame stock.

best fitting skates I have wore.

Alot of people prefer ice boots. Most people think the wheels on the Hi-Ho 2 are the best in the buisness. The original Hi-Ho's had a Hi-Lo chasis, but they were forced to change it because of the patent, so you can fire a Hi-Lo set-up on there if you want, it just doesn't come stock. My Abec 9's weren't too terrible either and I haven't heard of the creasing problems that the He950's have.

I would prefer to be in Missions right now instead of my Original Hi-Ho's because of the fit issues, but they are the best performing skate I have ever worn. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Guys,

Almost every skate I've ever had has a ton of creases in the boot. But the lighter the color of the skate, the more obvious it is. I wonder if that's the main thing about the 950's. Doubt any of the creases truly hurt performance or long time wear.

By the way, I am on my skates for 7 or 8 hours at a time doing Camps and Clinics. Only skates me and the staff will wear are Missions. Tried most everything out there, even thought GRAF's turned into roller might be better. Nope...Mission still is king in my opinion and trust me, the skates have GOT to be comfortable and perform. I haven't found a better combination.

Both skates are good...Get which ones fit your foot best...plain and simple...

However, something should be made of a company that tries to grow the sport and a company who just sits on the sidelines...I would rather see someone by CCM's or Tour for that matter....At least they are putting some money back into the sport.