Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

best cheap wheel

I didn't mind the Hyper Razor. A decent wheel.

I was using them on Sport Court as my front 2 wheels on my BlueMax's for a while and they weren't half bad.

Ok I need new wheels bad and I wanna kno what is the best wheel that doesnt cost alot besides hot shots.

Price range? Indoor/Outdoor? What are you looking for?

Your best bet for performance and value would be the Millennium. In either the purple x-soft or orange soft you can't go wrong!

I'm lovin' my new set of Millennium x-soft's. Great wheel indeed.

I also have a set of the kuzak indoor wheels on a 2nd pair of skates. Not bad for the price....but they don't seem to be as soft as other 74A wheels I've used, but still a good wheel...and can't beat the price.

my friend just got those kuzak wheels from hockeygiant. they chunked on his second skate.

best bet IMO would be milleniums. i had those on my old skates, those things were tanks. i used them on sportcourt, wood, and surfaced concrete for months. they showed normal wear, but never cracked, tore, or chunked. I'm goin right back to them as soon as the factory wheels go out on my 950's. best value i ever got from a wheel.

if you're going to skate on the Kuzak wheels, and you play at a decent level, you need to stay on the Kaos or Havoc..

the core on the Zone's won't hold up if you stress the wheels..the Kaos is a single pour version of the Havoc ...

and while the Havoc isn't the lightest wheel on the market, it plays well..

Hey illpaseo116

The old school purple Milleniums were the best. Unfortunately the new ones, (post 2002), fall apart really fast so I would steer clear of them.

Go with Rink Rats. They'll pay for themselves in the end twice over. plus they have great customer service!

thanks for the info. i actually had an older set. i switched from those to dynastys, which fell apart on me after about 8 games, then i put the grippers back on until i got my 950's a few months ago. i'll keep your advice in mind for when it comes times for new wheels.

I use razor edges, they are really nice and not too much money, I think I pay about 3 or 4 bucks a wheel.

They work better than the other cheap wheels I have tired

Well how much have u been spending on the Hot Shots? I have these wheels on my he750's opposted to the z-rated or halo. If you go to www.hockeyone.com you can buy the Hot Shots for $5.25. A dollar less than they normally sell. Do NOT buy the Hornet it is the heaviest wheel on the market. But other than the Hot Shot i would proabably go with the Grip Light's at epuck.com

-tim

Do NOT buy the Hornet it is the heaviest wheel on the market. But other than the Hot Shot i would proabably go with the Grip Light's at epuck.com

-tim

Like a couple of grams is really going to make a difference....I dont notice any difference between my hornets and z-rateds beside the preformance (the Hornets kick the z-rated's ass)

ur right the z-rated sucks i tore up them in a couple games but I use tour skates w/ all 80's the difference between a 68 gram wheel and an 80 gram wheel adds up, especially when you have tours which arent the lightest skate on the market.

-tim