Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jnicklo

Girdles/Pants

I'm with Shorthanded67, I wear either a CCM Tacks or Franklin 9805 girdle for roller. Just can't risk injury. I also wear shoulder pads against the physical teams.

lol, shorthanded, I've been playing in 18+ leagues since I was 15...

I've never worn anything but shins, gloves, and a helmet. Occasionally I throw on some elbows if I know the other team plays dirty. This year though I'm going to pick up some good elbows and a girdle and give that a shot since I hope to be playing for MSU this fall :D

ps-pardon my sexy legs, and yes i was wearing pants in the photo

I remember bruises I had on my leg like that even when I was wearing my D-1 girdle.. well.. maybe not so brutal.. I've become so accoustomed to my girdle I kinda feel naked without mine now... I did take some of the less useful pads out of the girdle though.. there are some pretty flimsy sections on the girdle which don't really make alot of sense.. the big plastic reinforced ones are a life saver though.. :D

Ok so I took out a few of the extra pads....still kinda annoying to be wearing a girdle but not AS bad as before.

Basically all I kept in are the tailbone, upper and lower thighs and the hip pads....

After playing with a girdle for at least 4 years I feel very naked without one. I'm used to the protection it affords when going in to the boards too fast, I can just turn and use my pads to take the brunt of the collision. I decided to wear one after losing my balance and landing on my tailbone and blocking a ridiculously hard slapshot in the same week, walked funny for at least 6 months and kept reinjuring them. I've got the old, old red and yellow Mission D-1 which I think may have been the "wrap" version. THe velcro leg straps are getting mighty thin and I'm very close to replacing it, just haven't decided what to go with.

Bringing back an old thread here...

I"m looking to buy a girdle and have narrowed it down to the Mission D-2 or the CCM 852. In your guys opinion which is the best. I don't want to notice that I am wearing a girdle and I don't want it to hinder movement at all. That being said I only want enough protection so I can take falls and hard slappers decently.