Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ash_96

Tshirt body armour

Hey guys, im thinking of buying some of that new Tshirt body armour stuff. either tour or the hyper 'hypertection'. and i was just wondering which, if either, is best? which is more protective too.

Ash

yeah thats what i thought, i saw it ages ago and really wanted some! but being as the roller season here in England is just starting, i kinda wanna get some now! hey justin, if you need anyone to test it out im here! :D

Ash

I dont wear them, but one friend has the Tour body armour (UPB) and one friend has the Hyper UPB. I think the Hyper is the better deal. They are around the same price, and the Hyper has more protection..

Ash,

Hypertection is in stores NOW!!! 7 sizes, 2 color ways, more protection, especially in the spine and kidneys, and best of all, it's the least expensive upper body protector on the market.

Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Gus Sanchez

Hyper Hockey

Whoa....Gus Sanchez. I used to hate playing against you when you played for the Stingers in Koho Cup. You, Gimi and Martin used to kill us every game...lol.

The protection seems a little flimsy but I guess its better than nothing.. but is the tradeoff of a bit of protection for a bit warmth worth it?

Looking at ice hockey shoulder pads they seem like they're designed to reduce the chances of shoulder dislocations or similar injuries.. while these UBPs look like they're more for reducing the size of hickies.. am I wrong? :D

Gus,

Get back to making wheels...Once you guys do that right, then you can start on protective shirts...We didn't need you last week...Mercy baby...

Fletch,

I sucked then and I suck now. Having Gimi and Martin in front of me made me look good. But then again, you could have put an orange pylon or Justin Hoffman in net and they still would have won. But thanks anyways. Which team were you on?

Jackymc,

You're right on the dot.

The UBP's are made to be lightweight. Roller hockey players don't need, or want a big bulky shoulder pad. They want minimal protection with good mobility. The UBP's are designed to break or cushion the impact of pucks, stick checks, etc.

Justin,

Don't hate the player, hate the game buddy!!!

I'll see you on Thursday.

Gus

Fletch,

I sucked then and I suck now. Having Gimi and Martin in front of me made me look good. But then again, you could have put an orange pylon or Justin Hoffman in net and they still would have won. But thanks anyways. Which team were you on?

Haha.....I don't think that's the case. You owned us everytime you played us. I played for the Mission Viejo Panthers. I still remember the day your team and our team got sponsored by Mach One pucks, lol.

Hockey Giant has the Mission Thorax in stock. I am waiting to hear what people think about it.

chris

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile....

Usually just in time to highlight the fact that the dog is taking a dump....... :D

haha cheers guys, even though we went a bit off topic! well im from England, and here we play ball roller hockey, we also play full contact, which i dont think you do over where you all are! hopefully in a year or 2 ill be attending NARCh but ill be U18's or U21's. thanks for the info on the UBP's Ill check out the Thorax, but itll probably be that our the hyper one then! do any of u guys play roller hockey with a ball? and if not why not? just wondering!

Thanks

Ash

Justin,

The award was well deserved too. Congratulations!!!

What was it, a solid 45 seconds of shutout hockey? Raynaert who?

Gus

That was the one tourney I didn't sit the pine...lol...Raynaert didn't play in Winters...silly boy..

BTW, the question has been posed to me, "are you being serious?"....The answer is no, Gus and I are friends...We are just messing around...

Yeah, i Play Roller hockey indoors with a ball and full contact, but ive noticed there are hardly any players who play this in the USA and Canada, you guys mostly play non contact and with a puck. i was just wondering if any of you guys have tried it and why you dont like it! Thanks

Ash

I played Pro Beach, which is probably the closest thing....lol

Any league where Rob Harmer got extensive TV time deserves an lol after it.

Ash, have you ever tried a puck, and do you have a league that uses one? I use smart hockey balls for stickhandling, is the ball you use like that?

justin, i dont know much about pro beach, except its not around anymore. did they have full contact?