Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kukakid

D1c or PF8

First off, I'm sorry for creating this new skate comparison thread, I know there is a ton of them already. But I am trying to get replacements fairly quickly for my D1's that decided to separate at the outsole, and a search couldn't answer my quesions.

Anyways, to my question, discarding personal feet "feel" which skate would be better as far as durability and performance goes.

My main question is, have the D1c's have any problems that I may run into.

My D1's were great but they only lasted a little more than a year. I love missions, since I started playing roller hockey basically I have been on Missions going from some Proto V's, to some VSi's, to wicked lights, to D1's. I really want to buy missions again but I also dont want to get a skate that will fall apart again after only a year. I take great care of my skates and everything but they just decided to fall apart for some reason.

I would like top of the line skates but unfortunately I cannot spend 400 on the pf10s. So what would be the best?

Thanks,

-Dave

Well if you seem to be having durabilty problem with Mission, maybe its time to look elsewhere. I have to say though Missons are nice. I havent used D1's but have used older D3's and loved them. I also have PF8's and I have to say they are top notch skates. Very light and comforatable, and the only real difference between the PF8's and the PF10's are the lighter Rink Rat Blue Flame wheels and mini bearings, which makes the skate a little lighter. Sorry I cant say anything about the D1's, but if the D3's are good the D1's probbly wont dissappoint.

One guy I play with went from D1cs to PF8s and loves them, but he can wear just about any skate.

Another guy I play with made the same change and hates them, he's actually currently trying to sell his used maybe 10x pf8s so he can buy another pair of D1cs or a pair of Bluemax

there were outsole separation cries on the d1c's last year that I, in the ones I saw at least, thought were unfounded...

its a thin sole and like most skates will curl up a bit at the toe...some people went running back to the store with these.but it happens with most skates..and since skates carry a year warranty..it was really a non issue...

we sold a ton of D1C's in '04, probably more than anyone else in the country and saw very few come back for any sort of RA, and the ones that do often are aware of their excellent customer service on items and hoping to get an upcoming model as a replacement...

there were outsole separation cries on the d1c's last year that I, in the ones I saw at least, thought were unfounded...

its a thin sole and like most skates will curl up a bit at the toe...some people went running back to the store with these.but it happens with most skates..and since skates carry a year warranty..it was really a non issue...

we sold a ton of D1C's in '04, probably more than anyone else in the country and saw very few come back for any sort of RA, and the ones that do often are aware of their excellent customer service on items and hoping to get an upcoming model as a replacement...

Cool, that is nice to know. The problem with my current skates isnt separation at the front, I know that happens and it really ins't separation just a little wear on the skate. My problem is at the back and it obviously has probably .5 cm of travel if i flex it with my hand. If the D1c's haven't had too many major problems I might stick to those unless I just absolutely love the pf8's for some reason.

there were  outsole separation cries on the d1c's last year that I, in the ones I saw at least, thought were unfounded...

Cool, that is nice to know. The problem with my current skates isnt separation at the front, I know that happens and it really ins't separation just a little wear on the skate. My problem is at the back and it obviously has probably .5 cm of travel if i flex it with my hand. If the D1c's haven't had too many major problems I might stick to those unless I just absolutely love the pf8's for some reason.

Try and take a copper rivet and attach it from the outsole to the inside..You will probably need two or three, but it should hot the outsole to the boot (the rivets will not touch the chassis, they are there to hold the outsole).

This may give you a couple more months of usage..

Justin

Alright, I might try that. It kind of feels like I'm holding off the inevitable though. The only reason I may want to wait is for the 2006 Missions but with travel coming up along with state War's Jr. National's etc. I dont want to have skates that may break the next stride I take in them. I'm gonna go down to my local pro shop and try the CCM's but unless I find out about any major problems with the D1C's ( Have you gotten a lot of them back for replacements Justin?) I will most likely stick with Mission, It would just be wierd to skate in anything else I think.

Well I must have been on crack the other day. I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find the site that had D1c's in my size for $199. I can hardly find any store that even has them let alone for that price. So it looks like my options are now down to either the He750 most likely or the CCM.

Well I must have been on crack the other day. I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find the site that had D1c's in my size for $199. I can hardly find any store that even has them let alone for that price. So it looks like my options are now down to either the He750 most likely or the CCM.

HockeyMonkey has them for $199, but their sizes are generally under 9.