Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Attn: Floridians

Does anyone actually know how many replicas there are because I know that the 2 major sponsers get one like Labbat. Labbat took it on an "Out of a blue" tour and I saw it at West Edmonton Mall.

There are three cups as I understand it. The original in the old bank vault in the HHOF, The one that goes on the road to the players and one that is always in the HHOF on display.

There are three cups as I understand it. The original in the old bank vault in the HHOF, The one that goes on the road to the players and one that is always in the HHOF on display.

There isn't one for the public to see then, not making it 4? The one that goes on the road with the players is the one that all the public sees?

There isn't one for the public to see then, not making it 4? The one that goes on the road with the players is the one that all the public sees?

I've always understood it that the Cup presented to the team on the ice is "the Cup" that is on permanant display at the Hall. The one with the XXX'd out names and such.

There is a travel Cup that does the rounds throughout the year (ie; FLA to see JR), the one the players each get for a day.

The Original bowl, from the Original Cup is in the Vault at the Hall in Toronto.

Hmm, I don't think so. This one was REALLY beat up...that is the on-ice one. The one in Toronto is a stand-in, and never leaves the Toronto area (it will appear at local functions only if the HHOF is closed), and the original one is in the vault.

Nice shirt :D.

I have always understood that there were two "modern" Stanley Cups and then there was the original bowl that is in the vault at the HHOF. One of the cups is the actual one presented on ice to the players, the one that travels around the country, the one the team receives for a year, etc. and then the other cup is just a replica that is on display at the HHOF and they only have it out for display at the HHOF when the real cup is traveling with players, the team, etc.

JR, was that guy who wears the white gloves and has blonde-ish hair that always travels with the cup there? I can't remember his name but he's the guy you always see wheeling the cup in it's case on TV, you always see him with the players guarding the cup, etc. That guy has the best job in the world.

Nice shirt :D.

I have always understood that there were two "modern" Stanley Cups and then there was the original bowl that is in the vault at the HHOF. One of the cups is the actual one presented on ice to the players, the one that travels around the country, the one the team receives for a year, etc. and then the other cup is just a replica that is on display at the HHOF and they only have it out for display at the HHOF when the real cup is traveling with players, the team, etc.

JR, was that guy who wears the white gloves and has blonde-ish hair that always travels with the cup there? I can't remember his name but he's the guy you always see wheeling the cup in it's case on TV, you always see him with the players guarding the cup, etc. That guy has the best job in the world.

I stand corrected.

I bought this DVD on eBay for only $5 bucks called "Lord Stanley's Cup" which basically gives the entire history on the cup, i'd highly recommend buying it.