Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultraman7k

nike quest 1's

how are the nike quest 1's with red star chassis? i think they might be a year or two old? my cousin is looking into them, and i might think of getting a pair too...pretty new to the inline scene.

I loved mine, I still use them as my outdoor skates. Comfortable if they fit your foot type, the chassis is nice, and especially at the price you can find them at now.

I LOVE mine and still use them quite a bit. Hands down one of the most comfortable, if not THE most comfortable skate, I have even worn. The Red Star wheels that come with them are just OK, They diddnt last me very long though.................................

i had some q1's and i loved them. they fit great and were awesome, but i didnt like the red star chassi too much. And 29, you dont have rockers on them you have the punks on them

i had some q1's and i loved them. they fit great and were awesome, but i didnt like the red star chassi too much. And 29, you dont have rockers on them you have the punks on them

when i made that post i had the rockers on them, now punks

is it possible to change these into a pair of ice skates? they super comfortable and fit my feet well...just wonderin'

yea they can be made ice, i think ll skates mostly can.

hmmm i know they've got the quest 1 as an ice skate...so are you saying i can convert these inlines if i take em to my lhs, or is there just simply not enough protection to do so?

I personally don't see a problem, but I don't know alot about the boot. I would assume its the same as the ice boot, but thats an assumption. Why not opt for the ice skates that come retail? should be the same fit.

Actually, Ive read somewhere in the old Corebeam site a long time ago that the inline boots and ice ones aren't the same. The inline quest 1s are suppossed to be equivalent to the ice quest2s. For example, I own inline quest2s and the construction is about the same as ice quest3s. I hope that helps.

edit: Also, the inline boots has a little extra of their outer material covering the bottom corner of the fitposite quaters near the toe area. That's no big deal, as it's just to increase durability against abrasions on asphalt. On the other hand, the toe cap has two ventilation holes in the front. That could be a problem in a ice rink, as some water could get inside your foot.

Yes you can convert them, but Quaker is on the money with the ice and inline boots not being the same - the inline boots are effectively one to one and a half models down from the same numbered ice boot, so a Quest 1 inline boot is about a Quest 2 or 3 ice boot.