Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sticks of Fury

Shooting against Righthanded(gloved) goalies

We have a right gloved goalie and I was wondering what other skaters feel when they shoot against a lefty.

Do you have to adjust in terms of moves? It is sorta bugging me but I haven't shot much against him. Will the same moves work as with a righty?

Your supposed to shoot where you see net, not goalie. The net stays the same regardless, so the answer to your question is no.

Being a lefty I love playing against right catching goalies. Seems shooting top shelf is that much easier. Maybe because top blocker is a big no-no in my books.

I tend to shoot high blocker but with a goalie that catches with the "wrong hand" I have to put a little more zip on the shot.

It all depends on the goalie's style of play as well, ie: if they drop alot, top shelf is usually easier. If you're trying to shoot say, low blocker, pull your arms closer to you as you shoot as that may help some

Your supposed to shoot where you see net, not goalie. The net stays the same regardless, so the answer to your question is no.

beauty, haha. nice answer cavs.

each goalie is different, some have weak 5 holes, some are weak other places, it just depends

And some just have a weak glove hand, weak, weak glove hand.

I like to shoot stick side on the goalie. I believe there's more chances of getting a rebound compared to shooting to glove side since it's impossible for the goalie to snag the puck out of the air with their blocker side.

I tend to shoot high blocker but with a goalie that catches with the "wrong hand" I have to put a little more zip on the shot.

I also tend to shoot high blocker, but with a "wrong handed" goalie, I either go to the blocker side or low glove side. IMO, most wrong handed goalies give a little of the high glove and cheat to it to take advantage of player tendencies to shoot high to that side. So, I shoot low glove side if I think they're cheating high.

It does vary from goalie to goalie, so it usually takes me a few shifts to really adjust to where I should be shooting.