Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SnakeEyes50

Tape or Pad?

What do you like more for your blade.. Tape or Pads?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Franklin Shot-tech all the way (for roller ofcourse)

I think it provides the best amount of traction by far, but there almost impossible to find now since franklin doesnt make them anymore. I just ordered a bunch off of a Sports Plus website

Comments Please

i like the shot tech the best. It doesnt slow down my stick but it also has very good grip. On roller pucks the edges are smooth and i just cannot use tape. It feels the same to me as having no tape

I play roller on sprotcourt, use tape to mummy-wrap my blade (completely wrap including toe end), and have never had problems.

There's a guy where I play that uses flooring tape. That grippy tape used on concrete steps. He swears by it, but I've never seen anyone use something like that before

I used to use tape a lot but recently I've been addicted to attack pads for roller. Ice is tape all the way but once i got used to the attack pads for roller anything else just sucks.

I "mummy-wrap" it just seems to me that i cant control the puck as well with out the full tape job, i used to use an attack pad but i thought it felt too "artificial"

--HP3

I think it provides the best amount of traction by far, but there almost impossible to find now since franklin doesnt make them anymore. I just ordered a bunch off of a Sports Plus website

Comments Please

saucy, go to google and type it in and youll find them everywhere

There's a guy where I play that uses flooring tape. That grippy tape used on concrete steps. He swears by it, but I've never seen anyone use something like that before

Guy I play with uses grip from skateboards on all his blades. Sorta the same kind of stuff.

Comments Please

saucy, go to google and type it in and youll find them everywhere

ya kinda already did that...

anyway-

thanks to all those who have posted so far. still hopin some more come

Heh....

except for tape most everything makes the michigan (and all related) easy.

I use a franklin shot-tech (and so does the rest of my team) which makes the michigan easy to. The thing is that Being able to do the michigan is only a fraction of the what you need grip for.

i use skateboard grip tape just like jorge does, mik3

it makes the michigan so easy

you kids and your crazy tape, and jorge with his rink-wide michigan passes.

i use skateboard grip tape just like jorge does, mik3

it makes the michigan so easy

and hey, how do you know jorge?

i played with him up at rexplex all the time (jorge, phil, all of em)

ahhhh ok. RIP rexplex, my jacked dek hockey shirt from there is now a throwback.