Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hip check

'05 TPS graphics and finish

Just got back from the LHS getting my skates sharpened, picking up tape, checking out the new stuff, etc. They had the new TPS Adrenaline and Intrigue sticks in stock.

My comment/question is: How come the price point stick looks SO MUCH better than their top of the line stick? It's a clean, simple, well done design, nice smooth finish. The Adrenaline, on the other hand, is too busy, has rough spots, bubbled stickers.... looked like, well, :blink: crappy.

It seems to me that they have one stick that looks good, and another the performs well, but can't combine the two things. I know lots has been said about their paint and graphics quality before, but looking at the sticks side by side showed a drastic difference.

Different mfgrs for that stick. The Adrenaline is made in Canada and the Intrigue is made in the Orient, probably same plant where other sticks are made.

I bought a Red lite XN10 and the finish/graphics on that sucked too. They chipped away and wore away quite a bit after only a month...

Yea TPS sucks with their paint. On my R2Xn10 I can put tape on the shaft, take it off, and the paint will come right with the tape. It's pathetic. However, My Xn10 OPS the paint did not chip at all. No matter, the sticks are still some of the best I've used.

Funny how some people want more products to be made in North America, yet the attention to detail isn't as good on many of the products actually made here.

Made in the USA is mostly high quality, except when you pay the local drunks from the trailers alongside the Bayou minumum wage to paint your product because you want to keep your profit margin as high as possible.

Made in the USA is mostly high quality, except when you pay the local drunks from the trailers alongside the Bayou minumum wage to paint your product because you want to keep your profit margin as high as possible.

They upgraded to trailers from the van down by the river? Seriously though, QC is just as important as any aspect in production. R&D is another story.

Would anyone happen to have a picture of the two new TPS sticks? I was just wondering because I have never seen either.

Buzz has a topic with pics not too far from this topic...

do any body know what is the tps stick painted white marked tps in yellow all over the OPS?? i saw this stick at a game LJMHQ...(junior major in QUEBEC)

i thought it would be a price point OPS but the intrique is red... not white/yellow

About the paint problem...yes tps paint chip off pretty easily but who care..I think the best graphic stick are the EASTON(overall) but do their perform well??good balanced?? etc etc...i don't think(well maybe except the stealth because it look very well balanced...)

I'm using tps shaft matched with synthesis blade(only because the iginla is the best curve i can find!)

Oddly enough, my Tour Beemer Inferno (purely based on looks) has the best graphics I've seen on a stick. The paint perfecdtly even throughout and strictly from a cosmetic stand-point, it is the most polished looking opc I have ever seen. My Easton SL's have a very shitty paint job at the bottom, both the reg blue and the SL Grip. But looks mean nothing. The best performing stick I have ever used is a pro-stock xn10 with unreleased logo. It looked liked a graffiti artist from Harlem painted it alongside a subway car. Go Figure.

I'm not saying the sticks don't perform well. I've got a nice Nash Whip XN10 and a Redlite XN10 Whip shaft that I really like. I just found it interesting that the cheaper stick looked so much better. You would think (or at least I would think) you'd get better finish with a higher priced stick from the same company - regardless of where it's made... Canada, USA, China.

I've got no complaints on how their sticks work. I love 'em, but QC could be increased a bit, I think. They'll still sell a bunch of them though, regardless of the finish.

on graphics, my friend has an SL and for some reason he put tape on the bottom of it and now the grey under it is like that old gray first realesed synergy color

I wonder whatever happened to those dark grey synergys..........